Lizzy Borden Returns

I really liked the few songs I heard from their comeback album, Deal With The Devil, but the 80s stuff just doesn't do anything for me. So I guess I'm sorta semi-interested about this. :)

At least it made me bump DWTD a few places up in my "to hunt down" list.

He he, I remember Lizzy Borden. Love you to pieces...

Haven't listened to them in ages, but stopped by their myspace page and there are two songs from Deal With The Devil on it. Sounded damn good to me! Much more serious than their earlier material.

Sucks Alex died, though.:( I admire them for going on, or at least trying to.

I liked their early stuff and hope they are on the right way again. I listened to some samples on their website a year, or maybe 2 , ago, and those songs sounded terrible...
In the later 80's I saw them live in a a fairly small pub and they really kicked ass there...
Just checked their Myspace and new songs indeed sound good, hopefully the whole record sounds like this...
http://www.myspace.com/lizzybordenband

I also liked their 80's albums.... I think their live album is great!! The vhs for the live album (Muderess Metal) was reissued a couple years back on DVD, I'd been waiting on that reissue for awhile.

I love Lizzy Borden, I think Master Of Disguise & Visual Lies are the best 2 albums but Love You To Pieces has great songs too and the comeback album Deal With The Devil was pretty good I thought!!! I loved the title track, There Will Be Blood Tonight, Lovin' You Is Murder, We Only Come Out At Night and Hell Is For Heroes, great songs.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Sucks Alex died, though.:( I admire them for going on, or at least trying to.

R.I.P. Alex

they made an amazing comback, they have Ira Black on guitar now and they totally rip. I saw them live just last month and they sounded sooo damn good. One of the best stage solos i have ever seen too, it was great

Greeno said:
I also liked their 80's albums.... I think their live album is great!! The vhs for the live album (Muderess Metal) was reissued a couple years back on DVD, I'd been waiting on that reissue for awhile.
:kickass:

Aaaah, those screams in "American Metal"... :headbang:

Trixxi Trash said:
I love Lizzy Borden, I think Master Of Disguise & Visual Lies are the best 2 albums but Love You To Pieces has great songs too and the comeback album Deal With The Devil was pretty good I thought!!! I loved the title track, There Will Be Blood Tonight, Lovin' You Is Murder, We Only Come Out At Night and Hell Is For Heroes, great songs.
I didn't dig Master of Disguise, I tried to like it but..
However, American Metal & Deal with the Devil are both solid tracks!