LMAO - funny vid, 'specially if you hate Trivium...

Personally, after I turned about 17 or so I never really got the point of being up front for the band unless you're intending to take photos. It's pretty hard to watch the band with 50,000 sweaty hellbangers crushing your chest against the barricade, jostling and elbow-clashing you, mosh-pits upening up and pushing you 15 feet from where you were previously standing, the combined body heat from so many people being so densely packed together causing dehydration that you don't dare go to the bar to cure in case of losing your hallowed place at the front.

But that's just me.
You're not alone, lots of wimps and posers agree with you there. Drink before and after if you can't smuggle some booze to the front!

Also, being in the middle-to-front is a lot worse because the pit violence will reach you and there's a shitload of people in the way so you can't see anything. Up the very front is OK because you can hold on to stuff and hellbang like craxy without hitting your head on others too many times and you see everything you want whenever you take a break.
So if you were playing in a band that people didn't like, would you be happy to get showered with piss because they considered, in their opinion, that your act had no 'great artistic value and integrity'?
We're talking about Trivium, a band with no great artistic value and integrity. If someone trew piss at me I'd have the Lethal hordes stomp their brains out.

LOL - I see what you're saying (even though I can listen to Trivium fairly contentedly, Heafy's godawful vocals notwithstanding) - but my point is more that behaviour like that from people at shows is unnecessary and eventually spoils things for everyone. I mean, there would have been Maiden fans in the crowd getting showered with whizz as well as it flew overhead, not to mention the distinct possibility that Maiden themselves ended up playing on a piss-soaked stage as a result.

Also, there were Trivium fans there who had travelled from America to see them with Maiden - they paid the same for their tickets as everyone else, and even more for their travel - were they not as entitled to witness an uninterrupted show as everyone else?

LOL - I see what you're saying (even though I can listen to Trivium fairly contentedly, Heafy's godawful vocals notwithstanding) - but my point is more that behaviour like that from people at shows is unnecessary and eventually spoils things for everyone. I mean, there would have been Maiden fans in the crowd getting showered with whizz as well as it flew overhead, not to mention the distinct possibility that Maiden themselves ended up playing on a piss-soaked stage as a result.

Also, there were Trivium fans there who had travelled from America to see them with Maiden - they paid the same for their tickets as everyone else, and even more for their travel - were they not as entitled to witness an uninterrupted show as everyone else?

Hey, stop making fair points! Someone threw pee on Trivium, weeeee! :kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :kickass:

You're not alone, lots of wimps and posers agree with you there.

So people who actually want to watch the band and listen to the music = wimps and posers? Thanks for that.

]Drink before and after if you can't smuggle some booze to the front!

I dunno what it's like in Sweden, but over here we get all of our drinks poured into shitty plastic cups so nobody gets glassed. No glass bottles, cans sometimes in some venues but not often. And you get patted down at the venue entrance and bags get searched, so smuggling in booze is pretty hard.

Also, being in the middle-to-front is a lot worse because the pit violence will reach you and there's a shitload of people in the way so you can't see anything. Up the very front is OK because you can hold on to stuff and hellbang like craxy without hitting your head on others too many times and you see everything you want whenever you take a break.

I usually manage to find a spot in the middle-to-front where I can do all those things without pit-fear too, except I can move about if I need to without wrestling for position when I come back. What's wrong with that?

We're talking about Trivium, a band with no great artistic value and integrity. If someone trew piss at me I'd have the Lethal hordes stomp their brains out.

Fair point. :lol:

So people who actually want to watch the band and listen to the music = wimps and posers? Thanks for that.
You're welcome. Hellbangers in the frontline learn to master the art of doing all of that while.. uhh.. hellbanging in the frontline.

I dunno what it's like in Sweden, but over here we get all of our drinks poured into shitty plastic cups so nobody gets glassed. No glass bottles, cans sometimes in some venues but not often. And you get patted down at the venue entrance and bags get searched, so smuggling in booze is pretty hard.
Same here, so U usually go with before/after but a fickplunta would probably work just fine, the downpatters aren't very careful around here.
plunta.jpg

I usually manage to find a spot in the middle-to-front where I can do all those things without pit-fear too, except I can move about if I need to without wrestling for position when I come back. What's wrong with that?
Nothing, congratulations!

I got hit by a bottle of piss once at a festival. Luckily it only really deflected of me into someone else's face :lol:

my point is more that behaviour like that from people at shows is unnecessary and eventually spoils things for everyone. I mean, there would have been Maiden fans in the crowd getting showered with whizz as well as it flew overhead, not to mention the distinct possibility that Maiden themselves ended up playing on a piss-soaked stage as a result.

I have to agree here, sure I laughed heartily at the image of Trivium getting pissed on and being called poseurs to their faces, but sabotaging another band's set, even if they are totally undeserving of sharing the stage with Maiden, reflects badly on their fans, who ran the risk of getting a well deserved kicking and being deprived of seeing Maiden.