Logic 9 HELP!!

Sep 1, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
so im trying to update from logic pro 8 to logic 9. I bought the upgrade version. I also bought leapord just so i can get this program to work. Problem is i cant find the serial. I had logic 7 and updated to 8 with the software update in the mac os. needless to say, this was a long time ago. I know i should be more responsible with hanging on to shit but im not. so question is.......
Where can i find the serial number on my computer??? i searched google and i found information saying i should go into logic and click on "about logic". There is no serial there though!!! is it on my computer anywhere hidden?? what should i do??? i just spent like 300 dollars just to try and get this program to work!!!! HELP!!!

i believe he's looking for the logic 8 serial so that he's able to install logic 9 properly ?

if Logic 8 is already installed, the Logic 9 installer won't ask for it's serial number, it will just ask for the Logic 9 upgrade serial number.

the real issue here is that you cant find the Logic 8 serial, mine is actually listed under "About Logic", so i dont know whats gone wrong with yours.
im sure if you post a question at logicprohelp.com you will get an answer to this question quickly.

even if you cant get that serial back for some reason, as far as i know the Logic 9 upgrade allows you to upgrade directly from Logic7, asking for your dongle to be attached to the machine during installation.

as with all matters of this nature, contact apple support and make a HD clone to be safe.

the logic 9 installer indeed asks for the logic 8 serial. and my logic 8 serial is not listed under "about logic", so yes... all of this is strange. whats a dongle?? lol. do i have to put my penis in the USB drive to get this to work??

the logic 9 installer indeed asks for the logic 8 serial. and my logic 8 serial is not listed under "about logic", so yes... all of this is strange. whats a dongle?? lol. do i have to put my penis in the USB drive to get this to work??

If you have Logic 7, or a previous version of Logic then surely you must have the dongle? the little usb device that authorizes the application?

if not, then how have you been using it so far?

i dont even know. i believe i got logic 7 from a friend. i updated it to 8 with software update (which is strange when thinking about it). this was all so long ago and my memory is not serving me right. this is a mess.

Let me try reinstalling logic 8 and ill get back to you guys.

i dont even know. i believe i got logic 7 from a friend. i updated it to 8 with software update (which is strange when thinking about it). this was all so long ago and my memory is not serving me right. this is a mess.

Let me try reinstalling logic 8 and ill get back to you guys.

any chance the copy you got off your friend was "less-than-100%-legit"? :)