logout

toolsofthetrade said:
"The ability to understand the secret communications of our foreign adversaries while protecting our own communications -- a capability in which the United States leads the world -- gives our nation a unique advantage."

www.nsa.gov

ha, yeah.

This comp. has been getting slower and slower and weird little glitches like this so I downloaded an adware virus removal program thing today and ran it, and it's now running 12 times as fast so hopefully some of these problems will disappear as well.

does anyone else run and adware program scanning and removal thing?

Haha, Danish tv ran this big special on spyware and all that just last week, making an E-novice as myself totally paranoid, so I got my hand on one of them spyware removers too, but I noticed most of the stuff it removes, is just harmless cookies from UM and other places, guess my anti-virus thing takes care of most of it anyway. Pisses me off all this spyware, viruses, spam mail etc, what a waste.

BTW on their site, they made this online guide to avoid spyware, but they messed up the link to the best anti-spyware program Ad-aware, they accidentally linked to Ada-ware instead, which supposedly IS spyware :tickled: .

That's what I got. spyware adware removal. There were quite a few things on it that weren't cookies. two major things intwining themselves into some operating systems. So I'm glad I got it, it wasn't expensive either, just thirty bucks.

I'm kind of surprized that they got by my virus scan . It's one of the best, for corperate use. Actually my husband's boss had to order it for me because of that, which was really nice of him.

don't get fooled by tv "researchs", ads or whatever, buying a tool to remove adware doesn't make your computer any safer or mor private than it was before. wait a couple of weeks and you will have loads of that stuff on your hd again. if you want to be relatively sure, read about programs before you download them, press "no" everytime a dialogue box pops up when you are in the internet, and above all, don't use the internet explorer.
but even that's quite useless if you don't spend a considerable amount of time and effort in checking your computer now and then and apply necessary updates. and very very few people do that. so, to make it short, don't buy products that claim to make you safe, cause you aren't.