LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kirkland

Jan 30, 2011
Anthrax has teamed up with fall out boy LMAO! Scott Ian used to talk so much shit about limp bizkit an all these bands that weren't metal. He now is playing in something far worse than even Limp Bizkit with fall out boy. I was an Anthrax fan until they went grunge after the Persistance of Time album. Lost complete interest and respect once they changed from a great metal band to a joke. I was actually an Armored Saint fan back 20 year ago. But when john bush joined Anthrax I knew it was all over for those guys. I saw John Bush wearing a thermal shirt and baggy shorts trying to act like he was in Pearl Jam. I knew it was over. They had to puss out like a lot of the other metal bands at the time. I just saw them with Slayer and Megadeth a few months ago. Didn't know that their main singer was back. They actally sounded great. I was fairly pumped. I just saw some article on Anthrax and how Scott Ian and some other guy are playing in a band with fall out boy and evertime i die. I checked it out. What garbage. I figured they were going to put out a new Anthrax album so i found this forum and see how a lot of other people are also disturbed by The Damned Things. I honestly laughed outloud when I saw their video clip. Scott Ian in jeans and a jacket at 45 years old or what ever he is trying to play in a band with fall out boy. I can't even believe what became of Anthrax. But after watching this video I get it.

It really is unbelievable the same guys who wrote songs like Among The Living, AIR, and so on could have turned to such complete utter shit. Now you see them playing with fall out boy and it just makes you sick.

Thank god for bands like Slayer, Testament, Exodus, Overkill, Kreator who never wimped out and fucked over their fans to try and make a buck.

Could you ever imagine Kerry King or Chuck Billy in a band with fall out boy? LMAO. What a joke.

so 45 yrs. old men shouldn't wear jeans or jackets?

sorry my bad. the damned things is great and i am sure you are all so happy scott is in this band and putting all of his focus and attention into something so aweful instead of putting out new anthrax music

i imagine most of you on here weren't even alive when anthrax was putting out brilliant metal music. maybe some of you on here are screamo fans. fine. what ever. but as an old school metal fan i find it absolutely appalling that scott ian would sell himself out so badly. it was bad enough he tried to turn anthrax into a nu metal band but this is going a step further and i can't believe my fuckin eyes. scott ian playing with members of fall out boy and everytime i die. are you fucking serious?

and that other guy rob looks like a jack ass, how long has be been a guitar player in anthrax? last i remembered was dan spitz. I believe dan spitz quit after the grunge album what happened to him? what happened to anthrax?? I mean seriously wtf? it really is unbelievable what has happened to this band in the past 15 years what a waste

He was also on Beastie Boys songs.

yeah because of rick ruben. point is there are many artists like slayer, testament, overkill, kreator, exodus, death angel, etc that never resorted to forming screamo bands with teen pop idols. those bands never fucked over their fans to try and capitalize on commercial success. what has anthrax done since the persistence of time album worthy of even an honorable mention? sound of white noise was used as a frisbe when i bought it when it came out. another thrash metal band bites the dust. john bush wearing flannels and baggy shorts trying to fit a grunge image. its all just bullshit what happened to these guys. i saw them a few months ago and scott said he was putting a new anthrax album out soon and was preaching about how thrash metal was his thing and he'd never sell out. i couldn't help but laugh at that rant. if playing in a band with fall out boy isn't selling out i don't know what is.

and that other guy rob looks like a jack ass, how long has be been a guitar player in anthrax? last i remembered was dan spitz. I believe dan spitz quit after the grunge album what happened to him? what happened to anthrax?? I mean seriously wtf? it really is unbelievable what has happened to this band in the past 15 years what a waste

@Strickland:

1. Rob has been with Anthrax since 2001, except for the reunion tour in which he was replaced with the returning Dan Spitz.

2. Dan Spitz came back for the reunion tour, left when it was over, and Rob came back.

You say its unbelievable what happend to this band but it doesnt sound like youve been following lol.

Great post. This guy just feel like a lot of the old school Anthrax fans like myself. Most people like him gave up on the band many years ago so they don't come around places like this. I agree with almost everything. But I actually didn't mind the SOWN album. I thought it was definitely a change and was hoping just a phase. But after that is when they started to put out terrible albums. SOWN may have not been thrash metal but it was still well written and well executed. Stomp, Vol. 8 and most of WFCYA is just bad all the way around.

It is definetely a shock value to people to see Scott Ian playing in an band with a bunch of emo fags. And to know that is the reason we are not getting a new Anthrax album right now is pretty fucked.

So yeah I do share the same opinion as this guy and don't think there is anything wrong with that. Are the rest of you saying you don't share the same opinion to a certain degree?

Kirkland.. you should become a regular around here this place need more old school Anthrax fans to express their views on Anthrax, or The Emo Fag Things

Oh yeah it was John Bush who introduces shorts to the band....

anthrax-2.jpg

j7.jpg

As for Slayer yeah you'll never find a Slayer tee shirt in Hot Topic or see them go out on tour with bands like Marylin Manson, or recording tracks for Nascar albums. No they would never sell out like that.

Seriously I don't particularly care for TDT either.... but you douchebags with the "I'm more metal then you" attitude make me fucking sick.

Oh yeah it was John Bush who introduces shorts to the band....

anthrax-2.jpg

j7.jpg

As for Slayer yeah you'll never find a Slayer tee shirt in Hot Topic or see them go out on tour with bands like Marylin Manson, or recording tracks for Nascar albums. No they would never sell out like that.

Seriously I don't particularly care for TDT either.... but you douchebags with the "I'm more metal then you" attitude make me fucking sick.

Joey actually looks pretty cool in those photos. i think what strckland was saying is John Bush tried to purposely look grunge and that is what he was talking about. I found it hilarious as well to even see Scott try and dress more grunge duringn that sOWn era. But what ever even I am tired of discussing that.

I really just wanted a new Anthrax album that sounded even remotely similar to the pre-Bushthrax sound. And now it looks as if it may not happen until the end of the year due to scott and robbie fucking around in an emo band

Pretty much do share the same opinions. And what opinions does he express that you don't agree with Stormwatch?

Well, I don't agree Anthrax sucked when Joey left. I love most of the stuff they did with Bush.

I wasn't making a comment on what he said, I was just making the point he had the same opinions as you and, in fact, could be you.

Well, I don't agree Anthrax sucked when Joey left. I love most of the stuff they did with Bush.

I wasn't making a comment on what he said, I was just making the point he had the same opinions as you and, in fact, could be you.

You and I may disagree on things etc. But I do know you are fairly versed in metal. In fact you are pretty much into the more extreme type metal bands. I just am baffled that you could love Volume 8 or Stomp 442. Even if Joey was on those albums they will still suck imo. You call things like the Blackening from Machine Head pussy emo music but can say you LOVE Stomp and Volume 8? I guess I have a hard time understanding that. I can see liking the SOWN album. But after that I don't get it.