lombardo to play on new slayer album...

The Omnipotent Bob

International Hearthrob
Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
that is if the other guys get their acts together and write some new stuff. Dave said if it takes like 3 yrs, he might not be around. This could be the best Slayer album in over 10yrs. Now only if Cliff would rise from the grave..........

Why is Lombardo on the drums going to make it the best Slayer album in 10 years? Kerry King is still going to write all the riffs and lyrics.... and Dave is just gonna end up being told what to play anyway. It really makes no difference. Kerry King should let Hanneman/Lombardo write the music, then maybe we'd see a killer album. But with King behind the all the music, I don't see it happening.

even though lomabardo is going to record the new slayer album, i think the album is going to be like the 2 previous because of this:In this month's issue of Guitar World magazine, SLAYER guitarist Kerry King offered this ringing endorsement of his "favorite new band," Cleveland's CHIMAIRA:

"They are my favorite new band, they're entertaining, which a lot of bands aren't. To me there's more than just standing on stage and playing your instrument. That's boring — you've gotta sell it. And these kids love what they do and you can tell. I guess I'd call their sound a takeoff of us and SLIPKNOT, because they do have a programmer and that's obviously something we've never used. He fits in the mix, he sings some backup and he's entertaining. They've got some good stuff going down — it's heavy and it's got energy. I don't think they're writing the best songs they're ever gonna write yet, but if they continue down the road that I think they're potentially going down, they will be a force to be reckoned with."
so no more thrahs metal in the slayer hangar

I don't see why people have difficulty in separating the concepts "Listening Tto a band" and "being influenced by a band".

Just because he likes Chimaira doesn't mean SLayer is going to sound like it. He likes the Beatles too, but I never heard a Slayer song that sounds like The Beatles.

And I think Jeff will write the mejority of the next one, if you read the interview with Lombardo, he said Jeff was really fired up. And Jeff = Quality.

Let's hope Lombardo brings the "light" to the Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman, They did some great material until Divine Intervention
When Diabolus In Musica was released I got worried about the next album, and God Hates Us All, for me, it's not Slayer anymore.
Slayer ended for me, in Divine Intervention. I know that are a lot of people that like the 2 recent albuns, But it's my opinion

Originally posted by NecromancerAlpha
Personly id rather See Dave work with Testament, that would be more awesome!

It is, it's called The Gathering. It would be nice if they could do something again....

Hey flebbie......
Coroner is great....they were kind of too advanced for their time, maybe nowadays, more people would like them....
really a shame........
No More Color it's fantastic.
headbob.gif

A lot of music back in that era was too advanced for it's time... I think that about Vio-Lence, Forbidden, Dark Angel, etc...

is dave with slayer really going to make that much difference to their music?
i mean he never contributed to any of the songs (i may be wrong).
i remember he said, in an interview, he wanted to bring some cuban percussion sounds into slayer's music but the guys just looked at him and shook their heads saying it didn't sound 'evil'...!
i think he's way too over-rated and everyone makes a big fuss over him but not paul bostaph. i don't know, where the difference lies as i'm not a drummer.
but i certainly heard dave hitting one cymbal repeatedly out of time on war ensemble off decade of aggression. and he's out of time somewhere else on that record too.
and can anyone really tell the difference between dave and paul bostaph/other fast drummers.
just my 2 pennies.cents worth...
m a x

Originally posted by coronerox
Specially Vio-Lence.......

Yeah, Eternal Nightmare rules.

As for Forbidden, I think Twisted is also in that category too, but I like Forbidden Evil better.

I've seen Slayer twice within 6 months recently..the first time was with Bostaph and the second time it was with Lombardo..there's no comparison live really. Bostaph never really meshed with the band and he was never as good a drummer as Lombardo is live. I'm glad he's back. As far as him influencing the band's writing for the next album....ya never know....