lombardo to play on new slayer album...

You dont know how The Gathering would have sound without Dave.. He definetely gave the album some extra power. And he was able to drum Riding The Snake, which is a very old song. They couldnt record it before because the other drummers hadnt the skills for it....:)

Originally posted by LegionsOfTheDead
Why is Lombardo on the drums going to make it the best Slayer album in 10 years? Kerry King is still going to write all the riffs and lyrics.... and Dave is just gonna end up being told what to play anyway. It really makes no difference. Kerry King should let Hanneman/Lombardo write the music, then maybe we'd see a killer album. But with King behind the all the music, I don't see it happening.

Amazing, that's exactly what I was thinking

You dont know how The Gathering would have sound without Dave.. He definetely gave the album some extra power. And he was able to drum Riding The Snake, which is a very old song. They couldnt record it before because the other drummers hadnt the skills for it....

No way, when was riding the snake written??

you sure about this?

well, when i saw dave with slayer in the summer here in london, it was such an anti-climax. what's the big deal about him? his playing just seemed so basic and unimpressive (maybe the atrocious sound-mix didn't help). cynical old me...
but on the live intrusion video i think paul really rips it up.
a great drummer to look out for is ron brunner from suicidal tendencies - the guy is like only 20 years old and he is totally amazing! look out...

Originally posted by NecromancerAlpha
No way, when was riding the snake written??

you sure about this?

Yes 100 % sure man! I have an interview from 1999 with Eric in a Dutch metal magazine called "Aardschok". He tells he already had the riffs for Riding The Snake in his head when he was about 17 years old! Amazing huh? He also tells that with a drummer like Dave he could finally use those furious riffs....

Originally posted by max
well, when i saw dave with slayer in the summer here in london, it was such an anti-climax. what's the big deal about him? his playing just seemed so basic and unimpressive (maybe the atrocious sound-mix didn't help). cynical old me...
but on the live intrusion video i think paul really rips it up.

Paul doesn't even come close to Dave....at all!

Basic and unimpressive?????? Step away from the crack pipe......there's help around the corner........OMG!! I think I need to go sit down after reading that....

Oh ....wait....I AM sitting down...sheesh!!!:eek:

Yes 100 % sure man! I have an interview from 1999 with Eric in a Dutch metal magazine called "Aardschok". He tells he already had the riffs for Riding The Snake in his head when he was about 17 years old! Amazing huh? He also tells that with a drummer like Dave he could finally use those furious riffs....

wow thats so cool thanx for sharing the info flebbie

i wonder how many other riffs hes been saving ;)

*pets flebbie (good flebbie)*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

-Necro

SLAYER WITH LOMBARDO. Some things are meant to be.

....Hell Awaits, Part 2 maybe? If we're lucky!

-OfficerNice.