London gig with Akercocke

BRI

Dec 30, 2004
2 greatest growlers on the planet under the same roof! It will be fantastic.

Trust me, you will be after that night. They put on an absolutely fantastic live show. Oh, and since you live in London, is The Forum a good venue?

I had one of their albums, and didn't think much of it but then I got the new one and liked it so I've been listening to them a lot and I would love to see them live, but I wouldn't go that far to see even Opeth. We need more bands to come to where I live. For me and about 10 other people that like that sort of music here... damn.

Haha, Silent Song, unlucky you're in Islington - dad was born there.. shithole from what i remember!

It's excellent news that akercocke are opening for Opeth - it'll be two of my favourite bands under one roof.. plus i'll be hearing Burst for the first time. 3 bands in one night sounds good to me! I adore Mendonca's Parker guitar - absolutely fucking gorgeous!

Well, i haven't been there for a good few years now. He lived in what was considered the really scummy area. It seems to be considered a posh area of London now, but generally London's not too nice for me.

NickFBM said:
I know one maybe two Ackercocke songs, not too bad but It'll be a laugh none the less. Same with Burst really, see y'all there...
PM me dude, haven't been able to reach you on MSN. i need the contact info for tickets...

wow, that's cool... i saw ackercocke at a tiny, sparsely populated show and they were great guys... not my favorite band, but i'd be stoked to see them with opeth!!!

i'm glad there's a thread about this, it was on the akercocke forum way before.

im feeling the same thing, my 2 fave bands playing there, couldnt believe my eyes when i read it.

I would travel from a thousand miles to see this gig. Luckily I live in Northampton, which is only an hour away from London.

Silent Song said:
Got my ticket. The woman who sold it to me was 40ish and looked like she was somebody's mother, said Opeth slays but she couldn't go. :lol:

Pleased to be of service dude...

The gig should be a good laugh with some cool support, and get a pre-gig drink in the pub I fancy. Was the stuff on the Ackercocke forum complimentary, or derogatory?

Went to the Burst releasegig in Gothenburg two nights ago. VERY good live act. I envy you. If you like Isis, Neurosis, Cult of Luna etc you'll probably like Burst. If not, too bad for you. They DO have faster songs too though :) I think it's an excellent choice to bring them along.

Ah sweet - i adore Cult Of Luna! They're one of my favourite bands ever. My friend told me Burst are good so i'm definitely looking forward to them now.