London Metal Radio?

There's a 2 hour show on Xfm that I think has just been moved to 10pm-12am on a Saturday (when everyone's out anyway..).

There's also a 2 hour show on BBC Radio 1 on Tuesday nights (wednesday morning...) between midnight and 2am.

Both these shows play predominantely "Kerrang" influenced stuff. Angry, bald men in large trousers screaming because their uncle touched their cock at age 5. That sort of thing.

I believe Totalrock are going for a terrestial licence, which would be great if they got it.

Lee

What's with you guys? Don't you read the press or attend any gigs?

Total rock has been 24/7 for over a year now, pumping out all sorts of metal. Course you need a SKY Digital box or your PC to listen to it - see www.totalrock.com - but still, its way better than XFM etc.

Also Saturday evenings on BBC Radio 6music (again you need a PC or a DAB Digital Radio receiver) Metal with DJ Bruce DIckinson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/

For more of a classic rock type show featuring some hard rock etc, try Planetrock (Digital radio, Web, Satellite TV only)

http://www.planetrock.com/

There are plenty of pirate stations in the London area, but they just pump out Dance shite, so you wont find anything (other than XFM) on your AM or FM bands.

Charlie

hopefully if Totalrock DO get back on the radio, you won't ave to stand on your rooth holding the radio up in the air to be able to pick it up...

totalrock is cool... and hoepfully eventuallywe will get it on terrestrial... so i can tune into Zed Malcom, sleazy and co all the time

hang on a min that wont happen - this is metal - and metal isnt good so itll never be granted - hell VH1 just got rid of the rock show!!

i cant see the powers that be actually granting us 'freaks' some decent radio with a good reception area.

grrrr

but yeah - total rock is the best thing ever !!!!!!!!
the two weeks that it was on terrestrial were great.

yeah totalrock air live gigs sometimes, usualy ones next door to them at The Kings Head, but i cant be bothered to listen to the radio, theres either adverts or music i dont like, either way im fucked, just shove it on capital gold or something...

there should be some sort of radio station airing opeth, katatonia, lacuna coil, nile, cryptopsy, thorns etc... but there aint, i dont blame them, if there was, no one would listen to it (well except me and stuff)

I quite enjoy Mary Anne Hobbs' Rock show on Radio One. It helps me keep up with the latest shite the hooded kiddies are being fed (so I can go 'I've heard them, and they're shat'), and she occasionally plays something good, like an old Maiden or Metallica track, or maybe something off the Relapse Records roster (e.g. Nile, Mortician).

There used to be a pirate station with surprisingly good broadcast radius in Sheffield where I live. It used to play all sorts, Ragga, Jungle, Techno, House, and then, every so often, someone would come and do a slot of Thrash and Death Metal!!! Like Deicide on the radio at 10.30 on a Sunday morning and shit like that!!! It was a fucking cool station, it didn't give a fuck, and it's such a shame that these things have to close down.

I blame the broadcast licencing laws. Why should you have to have a licence?? If people don't like it, they don't need to listen to it, and anyone using the radio to commit an actual crime can be dealt with individually.

Yeah there is a London radio station that aired my old band Morphus Machine. Some people might find that a bit that we were actually living in Adelaide, South Aus at the time ;)

We were VERY lucky. We couldnt make it big even in our own town, yet a dude from London got our shit and played it on air. I forget his name or name of the station :bah:

\m/

Originally posted by TimPhallicide
Like Deicide on the radio at 10.30 on a Sunday morning and shit like that!!!

you should have been in church at that time!

what were you thinking??

you do realise that listening to Deicide during morning service is a one way ticket to a fiery afterlife don't you??

Originally posted by veil the sky

you should have been in church at that time!

i read Akercocke from the post above, then saw the word 'church' and thought, fuck wouldn;'t it be great if a band rented out a church and played a gig there, i'd love to see Opeth at church or something, they can put all those props/statues out too. sounds fun...:cool: :rolleyes:

I don't really like Totalrock that much, I tend to listen to Snake Net Metal Radio who are available to listen to only via PC and they are American radio too, but who gives a shit as long as they play good music. Heh. You can also request whatever you want from the playlist - lots of underground bands and hardly any nu-metal. And although nu-metal is on the playlist, it never gets played cuz noone requests it. :D

Also, local and unsigned and even signed bands from all over the world can upload their tracks onto the playlist providing you are an active member on the boards, what is not difficult as these are rather addictive. Believe me, I know!! :p ;)

Check it out for yourselves.

totalrock radio is a great station,which i listen to all the time they play all types of rock and metal!,if there got on the airwaves i think it would become one of the most popular station in the uk
so i think everbody in the uk should support them,u can also get totalrock on ntl:headbang:

We (Totalrock) are trying everything we can to get a terrestrial licence... if we do it looks like we will be London only at first...

There is a petition going (there's already a thread going about that...) to get us a terrrestrial licence... go and sign it, even if you never listen... at least the option of having a rock & metal station would be nice wouldn't it?

You can tune in via Sky Channel 885 (don't need a viewing card for that) or NTL digital 874, and of course via the net with both dialup and broadband streams.

Obviously we're 24/7 Rock & Metal.. and some people won't like what we play all the time. find the shows that specialize and you should be more than happy... if not, you can always tune into some mindless pop station since that seems to be what everyone else does...

Keep it Metal