London to Birmingham?

MountainDweller

Under The Dark Moon
May 1, 2001
Back in the Hellhole called Texas.
Is anyone here from London going to the Birmingham gig? I'm pretty desperate to go to that gig as well, but the last coach out of Birmingham is at something like 9:30PM, which makes it impossible. I'm willing to pay someone the price I would pay for return coach fare if they're willing to give me a lift to the show. Pweeese? :cry:

Have you checked train times? New St and Moor St stations are only a 5-10 min walk from the venue, and the train is only about £20-£25 day return (I think). I think the trains run reasonably late during the week (not sure how late). Also, the gig might finish earlier than 11, because the venue is a club, which might be open on thursdays.

I found one that leaves New St. at 11:10PM (the latest one). Woo! I think that would be late enough. It'll cost double (if not more) than a coach, but if it means getting back home the same night, and most of all, being able to see another Opeth gig, then it's worth it. :cool: I don't know why taking a trian didn't cross my mind...I guess the expense. Thanks for the tip!:headbang:

Should be still available. It's only the London show that's been close to sold out I think. Less than 200 folks in Liverpool apparently.

See you in Brum. I would offer a lift, but getting to Reading is probably just as much as a pain as getting to Brum.

Lee