Long Distance Calling w/Jonas

True as long as he does not continue to do that little melisma ( singing that little phrase of notes over one word - as in unfurl - or similar to My Twin) in every song.

:Smug:

There's nothing wrong with that at all. In some forms of music as well as a LOT of singers in general do it constantly throughout every song. It's certainly not a problem because he often sounds his best while doing a melisma, and knows exactly when to use them. It's also part of the reason why so many people(musicians) are recognizing him as a singer these days. I'm no big name producer so I certainly wouldn't tell someone what to do with their style especially if it's working for them.

Am I the only one who never know this band before??? I can't stop listen to it now! For sure I'll buy this album !

Nope! I had never heard of them before. The track is great. The drums are a bit too loud though but it's good to hear Jonas sing!

LOL, your thread name is pretty funny! Before I read the message, I initially thought you spoke with Jonas long-distance over the phone, or something along the lines of what hauntedi.f. wrote in his reply, about possibly calling him up and hanging out together.

Incidentally, that's an interesting thought! Why not hang out with incredible people from incredible bands, meetings that could potentially topple the world order, lol!! I know that something like this this is a long shot, with Jonas and the other guys being pretty shy... And the idea is kind of unrealistic... But just the thought of something so informal, cool and untraditional.... Where members of a long-exiled family get together in meetings so unlike the cold-ish and formal band-fans relatonship of a concert... And really make unique differences in one-anothers' lives...

But, getting back to earth... I'll be sure to definitely check out the Myspace link! Thanks for leting us know.

\m/
This album seems to be awesome. I've sampled some tracks and will order it from my local dealer on monday.

Good title :loco: I thought that you've called Jonas and we get some news about the next album. Anyhoo, the song sounds great. Actually the whole "Avoid the Light" album sounds amazing. Didn't know about this band before so thanks Victorialand.

I like this song...and maybe even the band. The production isn't so bad. Somebody needs to tune their sound system..heh..or maybe mine is so bad that it actually sounds good?

Now...I wonder if there's something I won't buy that has Renkse singing on it?

And yes, thanks VictoriaLand!

The entire album seems to be trapped in a postage space reflux. When will it come...when!?

Great band and a great performance of Jonas on this song. He fits very well into it. Btw if you like LDC you also should check out the band Leech.

Checking this album out for the first time right now, liking what I'm hearing so far. Haven't reached the Jonas song yet, it's coming up after the (long) song I'm listening now, curious... Thanks for posting this!

Checking this album out for the first time right now, liking what I'm hearing so far. Haven't reached the Jonas song yet, it's coming up after the (long) song I'm listening now, curious... Thanks for posting this!

The song you're on now is probably the best track on the album, apart from the one with Jonas obviously! It's a pity that they don't have a vocalist. There is some great potential for them to become a truly great band. I just feel that the lack of vocals is holding them back.

Would you mind posting the lyrics to The Nearing Grave?

I've actually looked for them in the booklet, but they're not there sadly. Only says that the lyrics are written by Renkse.

The song you're on now is probably the best track on the album, apart from the one with Jonas obviously! It's a pity that they don't have a vocalist. There is some great potential for them to become a truly great band. I just feel that the lack of vocals is holding them back.

Actually like the intrumental "359" the best..and "I know you Stanley Milgram!"...The nearing grave is good too... For some reason I really like that just one song is with vocals...the album probably would have been much less good without The Nearing Grave though..sure. But as a whole..I feel it works really well.