Longest period of time between albums you have liked from a given band

johnfrank1970

Jan 10, 2002
Madison, WI
welcome.to
Longest period of time between albums I have liked from a given band (with albums I have not liked released in the intervening period - essentially they were an active band during that drought):

Accept - Restless and Wild (1982) / Blood of the Nations (2010) <28 yrs> (Accept was an active band during this period, right? It looked like they released some EPs along with the compilations and live crap.)
Ratt - Dancing Undercover (1986) / Infestation (2010) <24 yrs>
Flotsam and Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace (1988) / The Cold (2010) <22 yrs>
Ozzy Osbourne - No Rest for the Wicked (1988) / Scream (2010) <22 yrs>
Motley Crue - Girls, Girls, Girls (1987) / Saints of Los Angeles (2008) <21 yrs>
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II (1988) / Gambling with the Devil (2007) <19 yrs>
Overkill - Horrorscope (1991) / Ironbound (2010) <19 yrs>
Megadeth - Rust in Peace (1990) / United Abominations (2007) <17 yrs>
Tankard - Chemical Invasion (1987) / Beast of Bourbon (2004) <17 yrs>
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss (1990) / Christ Illusion (2006) <16 yrs>
Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side (1995) / At the Edge of Time (2010) <15 yrs>
Rage - Secrets in a Weird World (1989) / Soundchaser (2003) <14 yrs>

Definitely Accept for me. Death Row 1994 - Blood of the Nations 2010. There was a release in between, namely Predator, but it was pretty bad. The heart was gone from Accept on that release.

I suppose Journey would be the king though...... Raised on Radio - 1986 ? I think (too lazy to look it up, but that sounds right as it was the year I turned three ^__^)
Revelation - 2008.

Bryant

It's a tough one to answer. I'm not sure that a band that had a long period of inactivity really counts. Most bands I like I like for a certain period of their career and once they lose it they usually don't get it back. Probably the longest period of a band losing their mojo and rediscovering it would be Stratovarius, who I thought were pretty bad from Elements 1 to the self-titled release. So that's about 8 years. Ah, I've got a longer one: Labyrinth: The only albums I like from them are the Return To Heaven Denied albums, so about 10 years?

Of course, I guess that also counts Meat Loaf, between Bat 1 and Bat 2 and Bat 3. So he'd fall back into mediocrity for a decade at a time.

I too have to think about this one... Probably some 60's or 70's band that released some sub par records in the 80's and got back to form in the 90's/2000's... King Crimson and Pink Floyd come to mind. Not a fan of Dicipline, Beat, the Final Cut, Momentary Lapse of Reason... but I love Division Bell, the ConstruKtion of light, Thrak...

I can't think of any examples in Metal right now...

Longest period of time between albums I have liked from a given band (with albums I have not liked released in the intervening period - essentially they were an active band during that drought):

Accept - Restless and Wild (1982) / Blood of the Nations (2010) <28 yrs> (Accept was an active band during this period, right? It looked like they released some EPs along with the compilations and live crap.)
=quote]

In addition to their biggest albums...like Balls and Metal Heart, plus a bunch of of other full-length releases of arguable quality. EPs, compilations, and live crap? Where were you?

=quote]

In addition to their biggest albums...like Balls and Metal Heart, plus a bunch of of other full-length releases of arguable quality. EPs, compilations, and live crap? Where were you?

Sorry. I am referring to the late 90s and 2000s.

Actually, after reading this on Metal Archives, Accept does not count.

Accept have reformed and called it quits several times. They first split-up in 1989, reformed in 1992 and then broke up again in 1997. In 2005, the key members of Accept briefly reformed for a tour that was believed to be their last due to Udo Dirkschneider's insistence that he would not be involved with any further recordings with Accept. In May 2009, however, the rest of the line-up from the 2005 tour regrouped permanently with Mark Tornillo as the new vocalist.

Sorry. I am referring to the late 90s and 2000s.

Actually, after reading this on Metal Archives, Accept does not count.

Accept have reformed and called it quits several times. They first split-up in 1989, reformed in 1992 and then broke up again in 1997. In 2005, the key members of Accept briefly reformed for a tour that was believed to be their last due to Udo Dirkschneider's insistence that he would not be involved with any further recordings with Accept. In May 2009, however, the rest of the line-up from the 2005 tour regrouped permanently with Mark Tornillo as the new vocalist.

Nice to see you're catching up on your history...well done!