Longest vocalization in all metal?

Cryptopsy - Open Faced Surgery, theres scream on there that's 28 seconds or so... couldn't tell you if it was fake or not tho.

Magicawe said:
Cryptopsy - Open Faced Surgery, theres scream on there that's 28 seconds or so... couldn't tell you if it was fake or not tho.

dammit i was just about to say that, im not 100% sure if its real or not either

i know its not really metal, but the grudge by tool has a 25 second non-falsetto scream

lost in the light by dungeon also has a good 20 second scream where he says "what have we done weve gone too faAaAaAaAaAaAaArRrRrRYeEeEaAaAaAaAhHhHhHhH" that goes INCREDIBLY fucking high, changes notes, and has vibato. lord tim = great vocalist

Well, I don't think any of these people have held notes as long as these without help. Here's the world record holder for all vocal styles, also of my favorite band in the world, a-ha:

"This record is held by Morten Harket, lead singer with group A-Ha. In "Summer Moved On" (no. 33, June 2000) he holds a vocal note for 20.2 seconds."

"It is worth pointing out that a number of recent dance tracks have utilised digital 'stretching' techniques to give the impression of extended vocals. We have management / record company confirmation that the notes being held in the above tracks were all done in 'real time' and represent genuine vocal skill. Click here to hear Morten Harket perform the "Summer Moved On" note live (really) at the 1998 Nobel Peace Prize Concert.</FONT> "

http://www.everyhit.com/record7.html

I believe that Open Face Surgury scream was real, but he wasn't drumming when he did it. Thats for certain. When screaming high like that it doesn't need a whole lot of air. On the live version they have to help him a little at the beggining but that is quite understandable. Listen to what he's doing while he's screaming!

PHalse proFit said:
lost in the light by dungeon also has a good 20 second scream where he says "what have we done weve gone too faAaAaAaAaAaAaArRrRrRYeEeEaAaAaAaAhHhHhHhH" that goes INCREDIBLY fucking high, changes notes, and has vibato. lord tim = great vocalist
I second this suggestion - Lost in the Light by Dungeon has an awesome scream! Unfortunately I don't think very many people on this board know this band yet, but Dungeon are one of the featured bands on the UltimateMetal forums main page - check them out!! :)

i know this is off topic, but:

vic you goin to bloodlust III on the 28th? and how come the dungeon boards fucked up, i think its somethin to do with the frames, everytime i log in it logs me out as soon as i move urls

/end irrelevence

PHalse proFit said:
i know this is off topic, but:

vic you goin to bloodlust III on the 28th? and how come the dungeon boards fucked up, i think its somethin to do with the frames, everytime i log in it logs me out as soon as i move urls

/end irrelevence
Phalse Profit: I sent you a private message to answer your question.