Longest vocalization in all metal?

Hmm... Bruce Dickinson "1000 points of light"? I'll count how many seconds it is right now, wait...

"Won't bring the dead back from the cooo[...]ooold."

Well, only 18 seconds or so. Carry on then.

Dickinson-hallowed be thy name...the sands of time for me are running llllllllooooooooooooooooooooowwww
running lllloooowwwwwahhhh..had to do that.
I;m realy impressed by this one vocal on chief rebel angel by entombed also..towards the end of the song.

svenske kocken said:
Helloween's "I Want Out" of course. Kiskes scream in that song is lika a minute long. And when the first scream is done, he do another one, just as long. Amazing.
Yep but I don't think he really did it, it's more two or three screams put in one by the producer.

The longest "real" scream I've ever heard must be "Machine Gun Eddie" by NITRO, more than 30 seconds.
Or maybe the end of "Black Wind, Fire and Steel" by Eric Adams...

arborist said:
20 seconds to hold a note is nothing. Mariah Carey can beat that, for Christ's sake. She isn't helped either. Don't even bother arguing. I know- she's not metal. Neither is A-ha.

From the same source:

"The longest note held by a woman, is found in "Dim All The Lights," Donna Summer's 1979 hit (16 seconds). "

I think you're confusing holding a note with something more along the lines of yodeling. If you look in the record books, it's the singer from Sheriff who holds the record at about 30 seconds, but he didn't actually hold one continuous note. The pitch in his voice changes during the "syllable". Kind of like, for example, the "I" or "you" in I Will Always Love You.

What source are these facts taken from? You can argue this forever. Everyone here knows 16 or 20 seconds is nothing for a good singer. Like I said earlier- Eric Fucking Adams. For the women, Mariah can do it in her sleep. My source tells me you have incomplete sources.

Thats gotta be wrong....them stupid soul singers hang notes out there for like 5 minutes it seems....I've heard many of them screw up The Star-Spangled Banner that way...lol

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
Like I said, there's a differance between holding a note and doing some yodel or vibrato.
Toche or too shay or whatever. But that still seems too short....but I'm not going to put effort into looking:p