Looking for a good tape saturation plugin.

Sorry for the derail (kinda), but is anyone using real tape saturation, like even recording to cassette and then back in? Curious as to the results. I think voxengo have a tape saturation plug that's meant to be ok, and I've used e tube tape warmer which is pretty subtle, but you get a 15/30ips option and there is a tube drive/saturation option. Not sure of the price or bundle it's a part of as it's on the work comp and I rarely use it.

Check out Massey Tape-Head, McDSP Analog Channel, and SoundToys Decapitator - Decapitator isn't actually a "tape" plug but it sounds amazing and works well in the same applications.

I really like the UAD Fatso too though...

Nothing I've used has sounded as good or natural as the Nebula R2R and Tape Booster bundles. Should have a mix coming soon where I used this all over the place.. just waiting on the masters to get back any day.

Sorry for the derail (kinda), but is anyone using real tape saturation, like even recording to cassette and then back in?/QUOTE]

A personal friend of mine (professorlamp/Joe) told me Gareth used this technique. Not sure how well it worked or how he did it exactly but this is what he told me. Ill hit Gareth up on MSN tonight, get him to chime in!