Looking for a mastering engineer

Oct 27, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Hey guys!

I'm finishing mixing the EP of my band this week, and we're currently looking for someone to master our EP. There is 4 songs, total is around 24 minutes, budget is 300$. No need to do the audio sequencing for the album, I'll do it myself, I just need a new pair of ears to finish the product! I'd really prefer someone with experience in mastering and a studio dedicated to this, but I don't know if our budget is enough...

Style is Epic folk black metal, a mix of Agalloch, Amon Amarth, and old school BM. I can provide you with a part of the song in .wav tonight if you guys want to try out.

Please tell me if you know a studio/someone who could do it for this price!

Thanks!
Max

I would do it, but I'm not a dedicated mastering studio. You can PM me if you're interested in hearing my work though. I'd also recommend checking out Jamie King for someone who does professional mastering in that price range.

Hey guys!

I'm finishing mixing the EP of my band this week, and we're currently looking for someone to master our EP. There is 4 songs, total is around 24 minutes, budget is 300$. No need to do the audio sequencing for the album, I'll do it myself, I just need a new pair of ears to finish the product! I'd really prefer someone with experience in mastering and a studio dedicated to this, but I don't know if our budget is enough...

Style is Epic folk black metal, a mix of Agalloch, Amon Amarth, and old school BM. I can provide you with a part of the song in .wav tonight if you guys want to try out.

Please tell me if you know a studio/someone who could do it for this price!

Thanks!
Max

I have a similar style, and in the same position (just finished an album). I have already decided on using Justin Weis at Trakworx: http://www.trakworx.com/

I ran through his testimonials and his reputation is excellent, his approach to mastering also really appealed to me. To top it off, he's just mastered the new Agalloch album!

EDIT: Really reasonable rates too. He'll come in under your budget.