Looking for affordable camera with descent mic for music recording

antonis

junior member :D
Sep 3, 2007
Hey i need to record a dvd of me playing to send it to the universities i am
gonna apply to

I don't care much about the video quality, but it has to have a descent mic

I am willing to give only about 300-400 euros since i don't use cameras every day

I thought about buying a good mic for my amp because i already have a good webcam, but i need to record backing tracks from the pc speakers at the same time and i don't know how to do it :(, so i thought it's better to just buy a cam

Cameras are mostly for video, not for audio. At most it will have one little internal microphone. Most people use separate audio rigs to do a better job with the sound. Why not spend the money on higher-quality recording equipment and just match it up to the video track later? A lot of software programs allow you to do this easily. 300-400 euros will get you some nice audio recording equipment, and as you said you already have something to record video with, so it would be a waste spending that money on a camera when what you need is something to record sound.

I'm in agreement. You want to be looking for a good camera, focus on the video quality. You'll just mute the audio. The audio you will record separately (at the same time) with your audio rig.