REcording with Mic

Metal Inc.

Metal Inc.
Jan 13, 2003
Las Vegas,Nevada
Visit site
To anyone who records with a mic on their computer, I just bought a
new mic so I can start recording my songs, going straight into the computer just wasn't happening. Now that I have the mic I realise I dont have anything to plug it into. How should I go about setting this up if want to record on my computer by puting the mic in front of my amp?

hehehe that's what i do too.
there should be a socket for it at the back pretty close to the socket for the speakers (mines just to the right) and you'll have to make sure its an "in" one.

Metal Inc. said:
To anyone who records with a mic on their computer, I just bought a
new mic so I can start recording my songs, going straight into the computer just wasn't happening. Now that I have the mic I realise I dont have anything to plug it into. How should I go about setting this up if want to record on my computer by puting the mic in front of my amp?

First of all, you shouldn´t plug your mic straight into the computer. You should have a sort of preamp that you plug your mic in, which then goes into the computer. I´ve got a shitty little Behringer mixer which acts as preamp in my setup. It´s a decent setup.

Second, if you DO decide to play right into the ´puter, go buy a POD or something like that. They act as preamp and are designed for lining, so that the signal doesn´t get all fucked up when plugging in to the computer (I´m sure you´ve tried lining a regular pedal, which I´m sure you would agree, sounds like crap).