Looking for fast songs

Gawen

Night! You beautiful
Jan 11, 2006
Milan, Italy
www.myspace.com
I need some help. I’m looking for some songs which have the fastest bass line you know ‘cause I need to work out right hand technique so they can also be easy for the left hand. I mean stuff like Damage Inc. (Metallica), Angel Of Death (Slayer), Ye Entrancemperium (Emperor), Eit Auga Til Mimir (Enslaved) and stuff like that (or even faster :zombie: ).
Thank you :kickass: :headbang:

Honestly, I think you would be better devising a series of drills and then working on them with a metronome to increase your speed. Playing songs is all well and good, but it only really gives you one perspective on things. You are more likely to address any inconsistencies you have when you are concentrating on what you are doing yourself. As for coordinating scales, arpeggios and riffs or whatever with your right hand, etudes are far more useful than playing along to someone else's music. Sure, listen to as many different things as you can for ideas and so on, but develop your own technique independently and you will get a lot further.

expect the unexpected - control denied
master of puppets - metallica
aces high - maiden

i heard gorgasm is pretty fast shit too. remember man that speed is the byproduct of accuracy so youll probably also want a metronome

Gawen said:
I need some help. I’m looking for some songs which have the fastest bass line you know ‘cause I need to work out right hand technique so they can also be easy for the left hand. I mean stuff like Damage Inc. (Metallica), Angel Of Death (Slayer), Ye Entrancemperium (Emperor), Eit Auga Til Mimir (Enslaved) and stuff like that (or even faster :zombie: ).
Thank you :kickass: :headbang:

there is an exercise that I use for my right hand when i want it to be as fast as my left one ... but you know ... i am married and my wife is kind of ashamed when i talk about that :loco: kiddin' :Smokin:

fasten your seat belts and play the ballad called D.N.R. from the album titled Tha Gathering by the hip-hop band called Testament :headbang:

soulflypl said:
there is an exercise that I use for my right hand when i want it to be as fast as my left one ... but you know ... i am married and my wife is kind of ashamed when i talk about that :loco: kiddin' :Smokin:

fasten your seat belts and play the ballad called D.N.R. from the album titled Tha Gathering by the hip-hop band called Testament :headbang:

Well, my girlfriend left me (that bi..h) last month so I'm a little bit tired of that exercise :heh:

I love that pop-melodic ballad with celestial voice :lol:
Chuck & Steve they really kick ass :headbang:

Some Recomendations:

Borknagar - Empiricism
The Genuine Pulse's riffs are very fast and the scales used by tyr are very cool

Death:

Together as one
Lack Of Comprehension
Scavenger of Human Sorrow
Misanthrope

Check Testament - The Gathering

Immortal songs or any fast Black Metal songs

Some technical recomendations

I don't know nothing about your style, but if you want to play faster first you must check you actual skill:

1)do you play accurately the songs you know? no mistakes?

2)when you play bass for a while, do you get tired? (hands) no one? left? right?

you most excercise both hands to reach enough strength to play consistently.

3)do you play a fretted or a fretless bass? if you play fretless you need more work. you must to excercise the correct positions to not play untuned notes (that takes a time to reach, specially the higher positions).

4)do you play with 2 or 3 fingers in the right hand? I reccomend to play with 3 (if you can with 4, so much better). If you play with 2, you must excercise a lot with the other finger. you'll see results, the triplets are very much easy to play (in general your effort is reduced in 30% app)

if you give me more info about you I can tell you some more things

I Play fretless bass since 7 years ago.

my style is like Steve di giorgio, steve bailey, sean malone, tyr, john pattitucci, etc

Hey,
I just want to make you notice that Juan Alderete (racer X) use 2 fingers technique. It look to work very well for him!

:cool:
Honestly, I think you would be better devising a series of drills and then working on them with a metronome to increase your speed. Playing songs is all well and good, but it only really gives you one perspective on things. You are more likely to address any inconsistencies you have when you are concentrating on what you are doing yourself. As for coordinating scales, arpeggios and riffs or whatever with your right hand, etudes are far more useful than playing along to someone else's music. Sure, listen to as many different things as you can for ideas and so on, but develop your own technique independently and you will get a lot further.
I found that copying songs,playing to records works well,I definately worked for me and I play many styles(everything from Rush to Metallica,Maiden,Slayer etc.,however I agree that working your own riffs is very helpful and will tend to make you more of your own player instead of a clone which I tend to be.Good advice...Rob:)