Looking for Feedback on My Mix

ajleddx17

New Metal Member
Jul 15, 2014
Just released my first single that I mixed and mastered by myself!! Super proud of it but I want to hear your opinions on the mix and how everything came out. Enjoy the track :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
there is sometingh weird with the snare...not sure but maybe bad eq and bad ratio between top and bottom snare.

guitars are good :D what didi you use?
lead guitar (for my presonal taste) is too loud and has a bad sound, very poor.

but if this is your first mix ever, good work and keep it on!

I had alot of high end treble on the snare because, to me at least, it would get lost in the mid range. For the Rhythm guitars I used the Emissary amp from Ignite Amps, Kalthallen amp sim, and a ts-808 screamer. Im still working on my lead tone, so any suggestions would be great :headbang:

I think with the snare, there's too much treble, but this could be from the overheads? I'm not sure how you've done it. Also I'd dial back the reverb quite considerably. I see your point about the snare being lost, but I can quite clearly hear the low end of the snare so I don't think you need to worry about that.

I think if you took the reverb down, and re-eq'd the snare everything would gel together a lot better. For the lead guitar, I'd use pretty much (if not the same) tone as the rhythms and just EQ it to have less low end and more mids.

The snare gets more acceptable as you listen. I think your ears get used to it, but in my opinion it's definitely got too much 3-5k on it.

Everything else sounds great man. I just feel you'd be selling yourself short if you didn't address the snare, but it's all personal taste :)

I went back and looked at everything, and I think I've settled on a nice mid range snare that actually cuts through which is surprising. The leads are still giving me issues as the tone always seems too crunchy and harsh rather than being smooth, which sucks. But, nevertheless, thanks for all the feedback man :headbang: and to think I was going to release this on an EP :lol: