Looking for feedback on new mix

causeunknown

New Metal Member
Mar 30, 2017
I've been trying to get a lot more practice mixing and producing during quarantine. i've posted about half a dozen new songs on my soundcloud. just looking to improve. here's my latest one. would love some feedback!

I've been trying to get a lot more practice mixing and producing during quarantine. i've posted about half a dozen new songs on my soundcloud. just looking to improve. here's my latest one. would love some feedback!

This is just my personal preference, but I would raise the drums (especially the snare) relative to everything else in the mix, and maybe tweak the compression on the snare to give it just a little more body and punch. Maybe some other guys on here, who are good with mixing drums, can comment on that and provide their expert opinion.

I liked the song man, especially the final part with the guitar melody. I agree with Son of Caladan here above, I'd probably raise up a bit the volume on the snare or I'd use a oneshot sample to give some more body. What did you use for drums?

Really like this! Feeling the vibes at the start. Kind of agree about the snare from above posts. I don't think purely raising the volume will help much though.

Potentially a nice big open reverb with a nice comp to bring out the body a bit more and some sort of transient designer?