Looking for some feedback

last_relapse

New Metal Member
Apr 9, 2011
Hey guys. Long time lurker first time poster here.

Trying to improve my mixing so I'm hoping I can get some feedback/advice on this mix :

Last edited by a moderator:
The sub bass and probably the bass guitar overally is WAY too loud, the whole mix pumps pretty hardly because of that, also it sounds like the guitars are lacking some mids, they sound pretty scooped. Fix those and then I'll listen if there's anything else you should fix.

Vihaleipä;11056709 said:
The sub bass and probably the bass guitar overally is WAY too loud, the whole mix pumps pretty hardly because of that, also it sounds like the guitars are lacking some mids, they sound pretty scooped. Fix those and then I'll listen if there's anything else you should fix.

Thanks for the feedback!

Made some changes to the bass and added some mids to the guitars.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds MUCH better now, the mix still pumps because of the low-end though, it sounds like bass guitar and the kick drum are clashing against each other (they're both trying to occupy the same frequency space), try to cut/hi-pass more sub-lows from the kick maybe and let the bass handle the subs. The bass guitar sounds like it's the main problem in the mix to my ears, maybe cut some mids/low-mids from that too or drop it's volume a dB or two and boost the high end from it, try whatever gives you the best result.