Looking for lost rock gem: Garfield's Private Affair

ashaman7122

Crazy on a ship of fools
Dec 11, 2002
I posted in the Old School forum as well, but I know there's a bunch of eccentric, old-fart collectors (like me) here that may be able to help. Or...maybe someone with some more web-savvy skills (than I) can find what I'm seeking.

----------------

Reaching out to the masses here to see if anyone has a digital copy of an off-beat rock gem.

The band is called Garfield (also known as Garfield French (singer), or The Garfield Band), the album is Out There Tonight from 1977, and, specifically, the closing song on that album is a melancholy slice-of-personal-reflection called Private Affair.

I have this album on vinyl and have searched for an mp3 copy of this particular song, or the entire album. The few torrents that I have tried have failed (although I am not particularly experienced with torrents), and I can't seem to find any kind of digital download for purchase, free, or otherwise out in the great big world of cyberspace...!

Does anyone have a digital copy of this that they would be willing to share/trade?

Thanks to the masses...and rock on!

I have that song and one or two others. I'll send it to you.

That song is like a time machine for me. That and Crystal Butterfly by Killer remind me of listening to Joe Anthony on 99.5 in the evenings. I may have to dig out an old Legs Diamond album while I'm at it.

A time machine, indeed...that's a good way to put it...

I was 99% sure Rakosh didn't have it...I should have known you would have it cuz you're such an old-school purist...sorry. Hoser...you ARE the man!

For the masses...sadly this post means little unless you have, at least, a passing familiarity with San Antonio rock radio and the reign of SA's late legend, Joe "The Godfather" Anthony...

Sigh...good times...

Thanks for the hookup, Matt!