A lost gem from 91-92

actordude

Sep 29, 2003
SoCal
Well.....I was at Amoeba Records in Hollywood last weekend (that place is still amazing if not overwhelming) and came across a used copy of a band called WILDSIDE and their release "Under The Influence". I remember owning this cassette back in the day. Anyway, for 5 bucks I snatched up the disc. I was yet again blown away!! I had forgottten how sweet this cd was......

For those looking for some early 90's, "lost in the shuffle", fist pumping, good time hard rock/metal.......seek this out!!

Well.....I was at Amoeba Records in Hollywood last weekend (that place is still amazing if not overwhelming) and came across a used copy of a band called WILDSIDE and their release "Under The Influence". I remember owning this cassette back in the day. Anyway, for 5 bucks I snatched up the disc. I was yet again blown away!! I had forgottten how sweet this cd was......

For those looking for some early 90's, "lost in the shuffle", fist pumping, good time hard rock/metal.......seek this out!!

That is a great album. Not sure what happen to them after that, did not care for the rest. They went the direction of some many hard rock bands of the early 90s...Flannel.
I have a Wildside live show with the singer ragging the hell out of grunge, Seattle and Nirvane all the while the guy has combat boots on and a flannel shirt tied around his waist.
The band basically killed themselves it seemed by trying to sellout or either letting someone try to sell them out.
I'm sure Mr. Tribunal has some input here.

Great album!!!! Awesome find!!! I also recommend Southgang in the same southern hair metal vein. The second album "Group Therapy" is the stronger in my opinion, but both are great.

that is actually highly collectible so good find on that account, besides the point of them being an amazing hard rock band.

Kick ass CD. I also have the Wildside demos and the demo version of "Hair Of The Dog" is better than the album version! I remember seeing the video for "Hang On Lucy" and going out and buying the tape the very next day.

Great CD and find! :kickass: I still think the Heaven's Edge, hailing from Philly, debut is my favorite "overlooked" band from that era though. If you don't have that, then do yourself the favor of getting it.

~Brian~

Man, I love that Wildside CD. Those guys were great back in the day...

Another one from that era was a Canadian band called Saints & Sinners (self titled CD). Second tune on there called "Rip It Up" was catchy number that I'd sing all day long...

Man, I didn't realize how rare that Wildside cd was......glad I found it. Brian, KG, and Sir Ex, thanks for the Heaven's Edge, Saints and Sinners, and Southgang recomendations. I had those back in the day on cassette. I actually have the Southgang stuff on cd already and love 'em.

I've been trying to find Shark Island's "Law of the Order" forever. I realize its out there, but anyone selling it seems to be asking and arm and leg for it.

Drew ~

Yeah thats a great Album believe it or not i have it on VINYL!! and CD, i was at a used music store and found the the Vinyl version that was Sweet! its a import but still a rare thing..But its a great album of the great 80's type music.I wonder what ever happened to them?:headbang:

OK, I love any thread that includes mentions of WildSide, Heaven's Edge, Saints & Sinners ("Slippin' into Darkness" is a GREAT song!!!), and Shark Island!!!

ALL good stuff!!! Thanks for bringing back the memories of these gems!!!

Now, anyone out there remember Saraya?!? I was talking about them with a guy at work who loves 80's metal, and he had never heard of them at all.....

I've been trying to find Shark Island's "Law of the Order" forever. I realize its out there, but anyone selling it seems to be asking and arm and leg for it.

Drew ~

Yeah, that's a great one too. I hate to say it, but the only way to get your hands on some of that stuff from that era is by downloading it. If a record company hasn't re-issued it, then you really don't have a choice. For example, I looked for the Quite Riot CD featuring Paul Shortino forever, with no luck finding it. I had to settle for a download. :erk:

By the way, if some of you like the obscure 80's hardrock, then you really need to listen to The Metal Madman's weekly radio show. I promise that he can throw shit at you that you never knew existed...actually, I'd guarantee it!

~Brian~

OK, I love any thread that includes mentions of WildSide, Heaven's Edge, Saints & Sinners ("Slippin' into Darkness" is a GREAT song!!!), and Shark Island!!!

ALL good stuff!!! Thanks for bringing back the memories of these gems!!!

Now, anyone out there remember Saraya?!? I was talking about them with a guy at work who loves 80's metal, and he had never heard of them at all.....

Yes, Sandy Saraya and Gregg Munier. I assume that is who you are talking about? I enjoyed the debut a lot. I think Munier died a few years ago.

Saints & Sinners were awesome. The singer from Sword. And Sword RULED!

Another forgotten classic from that same time frame was War Babies. They also got some help from Paul Stanley.
Very good self-titled album from 1992.

Saints & Sinners were awesome. The singer from Sword. And Sword RULED!

Another forgotten classic from that same time frame was War Babies. They also got some help from Paul Stanley.
Very good self-titled album from 1992.

Wow I have not listen to these CDs in sometime, they are all on the shelf gathering dust.
I never realized that the Saint and Sinners singer was the Sword singer.
By the way just got Sword CDs in stock.

Yeah, that's a great one too. I hate to say it, but the only way to get your hands on some of that stuff from that era is by downloading it. If a record company hasn't re-issued it, then you really don't have a choice. For example, I looked for the Quite Riot CD featuring Paul Shortino forever, with no luck finding it. I had to settle for a download. :erk:

By the way, if some of you like the obscure 80's hardrock, then you really need to listen to The Metal Madman's weekly radio show. I promise that he can throw shit at you that you never knew existed...actually, I'd guarantee it!

~Brian~

If the major labels weren't such, pardon my french, c*ckbags about licensing i would have all these albums back out again.

Wildside, Southgang, Quiet Riot (Shortino era), Unruly Child, and the list goes on and on and on and on.

I am taking baby steps to remedy all this stuff, and learning to control my rage when discussing the topic of major label's ignorance of their own back catalog.

I think most bands need to take a lesson from Leatherwolf and just take their releases back and do it themselves.

good news...Wounded Bird told me he is FINALLY issuing Trash's Burnin' Rock on cd for the first time. so i am stoked for that one!

If the major labels weren't such, pardon my french, c*ckbags about licensing i would have all these albums back out again.

Wildside, Southgang, Quiet Riot (Shortino era), Unruly Child, and the list goes on and on and on and on.

I am taking baby steps to remedy all this stuff, and learning to control my rage when discussing the topic of major label's ignorance of their own back catalog.

I think most bands need to take a lesson from Leatherwolf and just take their releases back and do it themselves.

good news...Wounded Bird told me he is FINALLY issuing Trash's Burnin' Rock on cd for the first time. so i am stoked for that one!

Matticus you are the man.
That Heaven's Edge RULES and bonus should be well worth it.
Rare obscure hair bands I wonder where one could find some.

Wow I have not listen to these CDs in sometime, they are all on the shelf gathering dust.
I never realized that the Saint and Sinners singer was the Sword singer.
By the way just got Sword CDs in stock.

Might have to bite the bullet and get 'Sweet Dreams.' Only ever had that on cassette.