Looking for some death metal vocals for this stuff

depends on what kind of death metal vocals you're into, I could give it a try, not sure if my vocals suit it in the way
I would have it in mind for that song, I am more in the range of Suffocation or Dying Fetus but something like Behemoth
style singing would fit that song better imho.
Going to play around with it later today, not sure if I get it recorded today.

Edit:
Is there a way to download it from Soundcloud?

That would be great guys!!! I'm into all kinds of growls/screams :)
Behemoth was an influence for this song. ;)

I've enabled the download function!

So I've just tried something, the other guys may record way better stuff because a) I suck b) I suck at recording my own
vocals c) I suck at recording anyways and d) I suck at writing lyrics, so I saw you like "this is sparta" so I thought, why
not make this the main line in the song and just use like 3 different quotes from 300 as the rest of the text :D

It's nothing special, done in about 30 minutes completly, I hope you still might like it:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73276802/vocaltest.mp3

Yeah I really like it Stef! The mp3 export is a bit distorted/clipping, but the vocals fit the song very good imho!

/ btw, ich glaub ich kenn dich noch stellenweise vom gitarren-forum ;) Grüße aus Südbaden.

Das wär möglich-wie war denn dein Nick da?

Yep-it's distorting and clipping a bit, but it almost clipped before I added vocals (at least my feeling) and I think
importing a fully mixed mp3 into your daw, add vocals and try to make them fit and than exporting it again as
an mp3 doesn't help alot :D ...20€ headphones neither...everything seems to clip through them.
but yeah, half a db less wouldn't have mattered alot loudness wise but would have helped against the clipping.

Edit: showed it to a friend-have to agree with him, the snare is a bit loud ;)

auch osum, kann sein dass du da nicht mehr aktiv warst, hab auf jeden fall einige posts von dir gesehen ;)

--

whatever, the vocs rock :)

really digging the double tracked part, sounds alot like Behemoth (lows, too) and thanks alot HollowmanPL!
Awesome song, really enjoyed working on it, sound, playing and arrangment seems really professional to me.

@Testicle Milkshake: I have no clue how to describe it in English, all I know is that it really helps to breath
into your belly instead of the lungs if you get what I mean, I started growling when I was like 13 so it became
really natural to me.
You shouldn't force it unless it doesn't matter to you if you're normal voice is affected by it and in the end,
at least to me, it's all about training. Due to all the breathing exercises I do I am able to scream up to 18 secs.
without getting that much weaker voicewise (scream, not growl, that's harder) and I can switch from speaking
to growling while talking.

About the technique again, like I said, I don't know how to really describe it, but it's not that different for me
than singing like Louis Armstrong, just lower the region where you create the tone and "change" the room in
your mouth. Sounds strange, but I mean like using your tongue a bit different to pronounce the words.
My tongue for example hits the top of my mouth pretty often while talking and moves alot, during growling it's
more on the ground of my mouth and if it moves, it moves in another way.
You shouldn't create lots of pressure in your throat, the only pressure I use is in my belly to get the air out of
it, side effect of this is that due to the long time I am doing it and due to changing my breathing completly because
of death metal vocals I formed really strong belly muscles (to bad that I still hide them under fat...)

I hope there's a chance that you understood what I meant :D

@Testicle Milkshake: I have no clue how to describe it in English, all I know is that it really helps to breath
into your belly instead of the lungs if you get what I mean, I started growling when I was like 13 so it became
really natural to me.
You shouldn't force it unless it doesn't matter to you if you're normal voice is affected by it and in the end,
at least to me, it's all about training. Due to all the breathing exercises I do I am able to scream up to 18 secs.
without getting that much weaker voicewise (scream, not growl, that's harder) and I can switch from speaking
to growling while talking.

About the technique again, like I said, I don't know how to really describe it, but it's not that different for me
than singing like Louis Armstrong, just lower the region where you create the tone and "change" the room in
your mouth. Sounds strange, but I mean like using your tongue a bit different to pronounce the words.
My tongue for example hits the top of my mouth pretty often while talking and moves alot, during growling it's
more on the ground of my mouth and if it moves, it moves in another way.
You shouldn't create lots of pressure in your throat, the only pressure I use is in my belly to get the air out of
it, side effect of this is that due to the long time I am doing it and due to changing my breathing completly because
of death metal vocals I formed really strong belly muscles (to bad that I still hide them under fat...)

I hope there's a chance that you understood what I meant :D

It almost sounds like classical technique, I'm going to give it a try. I'd probably be more of a screamer though.

If it's because you're a woman, imho, that doesn't matter at all, just look up the band Cerebral Bore.
Saw them live one time, didn't knew they had a female vocalist and there was this cute girl, like 1,65m
about 18 years old that looked like she was at the completly wrong location (Devourment played there,
too)...band got on stage and than that girl did some of the sickest vocals I've ever heard!