Looking for some help! PLEASE, everyone read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undefined

Indefinite Entity
Sep 27, 2006
Unsure and Inexact
Does anyone here know anyone who can "remaster" songs, or anyone here able to do it themselves? Not sure if 'remaster' is the term, I'm looking for someone to make a really bad quality bootleg/song into something audible/better or good quality. For example, if any of you know how the Children of Bodom 'Inearthed' demos where very shitty quality, lots of distortion and shit that made it very hard to listen to and enjoy, then someone made them better and very listenable, not sure how they did or what program they used, but apparently it is possible and I'm just looking for some help from anyone who could do this. If someone can help me out, I would appreciate it very, very much. And I'll owe you a solid favour.

Here is the link to the songs, it's from a band called Ved Buens Ende, they are no longer together, and this is just a live audio bootleg. Anyone who can help make them sound better is going to be my official hero, because the band rocks, just bothers me to hear it in such low quality.

http://rapidshare.com/files/106000085/Ved_Buens_Ende_-_...Coiled_in_Obscurity.rar.html

P.S. Mods, as far as I know I'm not doing anything wrong, but if I'm not allowed to post links to bootlegs (eventhough I've seen it permitted for others to do so) then just remove the link, please leave the thread here. Thanks.

Just open it in an audio program and fiddle around with the EQ until you can find a setting that sounds good.

That's my only advice.

Well, then again, most audio editors have noise filters also.

But I've no experience remastering songs, so you'd probably be right.

Well... I'm sorry Joe, but I'm not gonna help you, and for two reasons :

1 - To remaster some songs at best, I need the integrality of the audio files. Guitar / drums / vocals... From there, I could make some very professional remastering. But I guess you only have the mixed songs. Nevertheless, I could do a serious improvement of the songs, even without the tracks (like the guy who did Inearthed's ones did), BUT...

2 - My computer is broken since two monthes, I'm on my girlfriend's one and I don't have any tool on it to do it properly.

Anyway, I'm gonna download your files, I'll make my best to bring them to some friend's studio and see what we'll can do, as soon as possible.

Well... I'm sorry Joe, but I'm not gonna help you, and for two reasons :

1 - To remaster some songs at best, I need the integrality of the audio files. Guitar / drums / vocals... From there, I could make some very professional remastering. But I guess you only have the mixed songs. Nevertheless, I could do a serious improvement of the songs, even without the tracks (like the guy who did Inearthed's ones did), BUT...

2 - My computer is broken since two monthes, I'm on my girlfriend's one and I don't have any tool on it to do it properly.

Anyway, I'm gonna download your files, I'll make my best to bring them to some friend's studio and see what we'll can do, as soon as possible.

:worship:notworthy Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.