Looking for the lyrics of the secret track on AFDTE..

This is what youre looking for?

In The Dog's House

Tilted just a bit to the wrong side
Mother Mary your tea's in the oven
My head's got caught in the red tape Voodoo sunset, morning Jesus
Marilyn Manson just fell over
Cos his dress got caught in his high heels
Twist the world upside downstairs
It's all about the shouting
And all I need is you
but you don't know it's true
Morten Harkets' brand new go cart
Foul mouthed and smelling of onions
Lost my keys and I can't get in now
Fine day for a queen she union
And all I need is you, but you don't know it's true
................whhooooaaaaaaaagghhhhhhh

Strangelight said:
Just out of curiosity. If MDB, Opeth or Katatonia did a song like Dog House how would you react?

:yuk:

in my opinion for anathema is like a joke, for fun (vinnies favorite track!! :D )
but for the others nooooo my god are they in drugs?? :Smokin:
For me its like am listening to a Gun´s & Roses song :zzz:

Strangelight said:
Just out of curiosity. If MDB, Opeth or Katatonia did a song like Dog House how would you react?

i dont care really.

and i do skip it. i mean i dont fastforward to the beginning of the song. the only ghosttrack thats worth that is Gallons of rubbing alcohol flew through the strip (bonus on european version of In Utero) thats the only track coming in my mind so..... :eek:

Mick Moss said:
can we borrow the name anathema for a bit so that people listen to our stuff and dont think its a load of bollocks ??

Mossy, they'll still think its bollocks... You can't paint over dirt...
Just kidding.

As for the other bands doing a song called 'The Dog House' or whatever, well I'd feel the same way I feel about Anathema doing it. It's stupid and I don't think it's necessary, but it's comedy and having read a hell of a lot of stupid comedy on this forum it's understandable.

I do my best to ignore it, although I love the 'walking around outside' part. I tend to take my Anathema fairly seriously.

Sorry to sound overly serious and a bit wankish, but you can't expect to hit as hard as you do and then joke about it at the end... if you know what I mean.

Besides, aren't the hidden track lyrics simply the mirror image in the sleeve? I'm kind of sure that that's where I saw them...

I like the track a lot, a pitty you have to fast forward for such a long time... It reminds me of Syd's Barrets songs like on Pink Floyds" "piper at the gates of dawn" and his solo stuff...

Well, I never really care about the fact if music is sad or agressive or whatever... It has to be good... So if Anathema would ever start making happy stuff, and they would write good songs, I would still like 'em...

requiem said:
I do my best to ignore it, although I love the 'walking around outside' part. I tend to take my Anathema fairly seriously.

Sorry to sound overly serious and a bit wankish, but you can't expect to hit as hard as you do and then joke about it at the end... if you know what I mean.

I can understand your point of view but I think you can make fun of (almost?) everything and especially your own music even if it's the most depressive and melancholic music in the world. I even think it has some kind of catharsis effect and if you take it too seriously it's 'the beginning of the end'.
It takes too long to recover when i let this music get to me too much anyway and i dont wanna crack every time I listen to Anathema and company... I think Dog's House is a good way to say 'The nightmare is over' especially after a song like Temporary Peace... Tho i dont always wait till the end of the record to be honest :p