Looking for Vegas-area metal concert calendar

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
I'm planning a trip to Vegas this fall and I'd like to catch a metal show while I'm there. Can any of the Vegas-area folks direct me to a website or forum that has a concert calendar or news on upcoming metal (preferably power/prog) shows?

Right now I'm just checking the page of every band I can think of to see if they're hitting Vegas anytime soon, and that's not working too well :(

Thanks!

I will do that - thanks. But I also assume that plenty of our bands would not make it onto pollstar, so I'm looking for something closer to the ground (updated by actual metal fans in the area).

My city has several local message boards where metal fans congregate and talk about the shows. Surely Vegas does, too????

Yeah, my cousins live over there and they've told me the only metal band they've herd of that has played there is Dethklok.

We saw NIGHTWISH at the HoB in Vegas, and from all the people we talked to I would say 50% of them were from out of town, so your right not much of a scene.

Thanks for the input everyone.

So far my choices (for the weekends I'm eyeing) seem to be Apocalyptica @ HOB and TSO @ MGM.

Metal is hit or miss, but the Hard Rock Hotel occasionally has good shows:

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/las-vegas/concerts/

About 30-40 TSO fans from all over the country descend on Vegas every year for the show there, and we always have dinner the night of the show at the Paris Buffet. If you (or anyone else) would like details, let me know, and I'll forward the info as it gets closer.

Well, hmmm... Yeah... no scene to speak of. We lack a bit in the venues department these days and that is definitely an impediment.

A new(ish) venue I have not been to is the Canyon Club at the Four Queens hotel. Testament played there in April. If you are into old hair bands, Club Madrid at Sunset Station has the likes of Slaughter playing there semi-regularly (they are local, after all). Jillian's at Neonopolis (Downtown) occasionally has something of interest. And there is also the Cheyenne Saloon, which used to host bands of interest, but is heavily geared towards growlies these days and their website seems to have vanished.

The local paper lists upcoming events for a lot of places... http://www.reviewjournal.com/neon/showsevents/upcoming.html

Hope this helps some.

Now we're getting somewhere. Hair bands are right up my alley, and my traveling companion is probably the biggest Slaughter fan on earth, so this sounds promising!

Thanks!!!

Gonna give this a bump because I'm heading to Vegas again Aug 6-9, if anyone has any leads on shows (the old links above have been very helpful once again).

Right now Judas Priest/Whitesnake/Pop Evil on Aug 8 at UNLV is the only thing I've found.

I live in Vegas and I can atest to the fact that metal is pretty mch non-existant here. You're lucky that you are coming here in early August because of the Judas Priest concert. Cage will be here in mid July too but OTHER THAN THAT, NOTHING!!
And forget the local scene, its all core and screamo shit. Yeah, yeah, there might but a couple of decent true bands here but they never get to play anywhere and if they do its so horribly promoted that you don't even know about it.

WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE!

About 30-40 TSO fans from all over the country descend on Vegas every year for the show there, and we always have dinner the night of the show at the Paris Buffet. If you (or anyone else) would like details, let me know, and I'll forward the info as it gets closer.

I'll keep this in mind for this years TSO trip. I've not done the Vegas show yet..usually TX, CO or AZ if they don't stop here. Just as cheap to fly to Vegas as any of the other places.

Gonna give this a bump because I'm heading to Vegas again Aug 6-9, if anyone has any leads on shows (the old links above have been very helpful once again).

If you wait until later in August, Progressive Nation '09 is at the Joint, which is part of the Hard Rock Hotel. Of course, that's cutting things a little close to ProgPower...

I'll keep this in mind for this years TSO trip. I've not done the Vegas show yet..usually TX, CO or AZ if they don't stop here. Just as cheap to fly to Vegas as any of the other places.

I'll keep you posted once plans are underway for this year! Last year was the biggest ever. We had almost 60 people for the dinner at the Luxor buffet. (I prefer the Paris, but the timing didn't work out). Then the next day, about 30 of us had lunch at the Harley-Davidson Cafe...and that night, about 20 of us tore up Freemont Street.

It's a very friendly group with an interesting combination of people...a few are old Sava fans (like me), but most NEVER would have considered listening to metal...if not for TSO. And many of them are now the proud owners of multiple Savatage CDs. Gotta love it! :headbang:

I am heading to Vegas in about three weeks. When we were planning it, we did not find that much of a metal scene. Sorry to say. :'(