Looking to redo my studio

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
So I'm looking to redo the aesthetics of my studio this december. When I first got this space and signed the lease, I was so excited to get started that I rushed everything and I didn't like how it came out. Now that I'm more secure I would like to take the time to redo everything like painting, new desk, treating the ever living shit out of my room. The first photo is from the first week I opened my doors. The rest are sketchup screenshots of how I want the place to be after renovation. Any suggestions for colors, placement of everything etc? Even though I have 3 room and 350 sq ft, they are literally the worst shapes and the ceilings are about 7'. Super cheap rent though so I can't complain. I would still like to create a more professional studio environment for bands when they come in. Btw the third room is not picture on here. It has a fridge, microwave etc. and is kind of just a chilling room. It's super long and skinny though so there is no point in considering putting anything in there. Everything is perfectly proportional in the sketchup files as far as measurements etc. Once I build the desk and finalize it I will post the plans so you guys can have a crack at it as well.

4exY0h.jpg

room1.jpg

room2.jpg
room3.jpg
room4.jpg
room5.jpg
roomabove.jpg
roomdesk.jpg

I would move that desk so it's on the wall to the right of where you have it right now. The placement of it makes it weird for first reflections etc. Read some threads over at the John Sayers forum and even post their for better advice.

thanks for your reply. I would like it there, but unfortunately with it there, there is literally nowhere to put the couch or create any kind of atmosphere in the room. It's weird to explain, it's just super awkward placed there. That's actually where my desk currently is setup

Edit: Now that I think of it, it may work. The desk I'm building is going to be significantly smaller than my current one
tQDaZCj.jpg

It would work better for your first reflection points. Being equal distances away from walls at the listening position is critical (apparently)

I highly recommend that forum though.