Looks Like I Have 2 Gold Badges For Sale!!!

Blargh! My plan was to pick up some gold badges this year but now I'm too poor to afford PP :( Gosh darn need to live in a house and drive a car.

Jibrille said:
Blargh! My plan was to pick up some gold badges this year but now I'm too poor to afford PP :( Gosh darn need to live in a house and drive a car.

Simple... just trade the car in for a moped, and ditch the house for a dumpster... now you have enough money for ProgPower! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :lol:

Because nightwish58 is probably still going to the festival, but had two friends whom he got gold badges for back out, thus leaving him with two extra gold badges to sell.

Even if you sell the gold badge to someone else, their name isn't put on the GB list. It's up to the gold badge purchaser to decide what he/she wants to do with it.

Curufin said:
Because nightwish58 is probably still going to the festival, but had two friends whom he got gold badges for back out, thus leaving him with two extra gold badges to sell.

Even if you sell the gold badge to someone else, their name isn't put on the GB list. It's up to the gold badge purchaser to decide what he/she wants to do with it.

I was understanding that buying a gold badge means you buy the place of the current holder on the list.
I am thinking on these badges nightwish58.

The steadfast rule is that Gold Badges sold to someone else get put in the new person's name from that point forward.

Example - Let's say Nightwish58 has 3 badges in his name but had 2 friends bail on him and he needs to sell the 2 extra badges - by doing that he loses the rights to those 2 badges in the future. He would retain the one badge he had left as long as he didn't sell it.

Based on this, John Frank indeed has a good point.

Jason

If you have gold badge rights, then you can purchase a couple of additional badges for your own use (friends, family, etc). The other people don't get on the gold badge list if they use your badges. These additional badges are probably what Nightwish58 is trying to unload.

Basically, whoever buys one of Nightwish58's badges needs to meet up with him/her at ProgPower to get their badge -- since they wouldn't be on the list themselves, they cannot pick it up on their own. Hence, buying someone's extra badge is a risky proposition, unless you know the person well enough to guarantee that you can meet up with them at ProgPower, and that they're not going to screw you over.

At least, this is how I understand it. If I'm wrong, may the Harvester of Sorrow smite me from above. :ill:

johnfrank1970 said:
If someone wants to give up their gold badges, why wouldn't Glenn just give them the name of the first person on the waiting list? What am I missing here? Thanks.

Because Glenn has already sold the badge. If someone turns down an unsold badge when first offered he can then sell it to the next in line. To do as you ask he'd have the hassle of refunding one person then collecting from the next.

booB said:
If you have gold badge rights, then you can purchase a couple of additional badges for your own use (friends, family, etc). The other people don't get on the gold badge list if they use your badges. These additional badges are probably what Nightwish58 is trying to unload.

Basically, whoever buys one of Nightwish58's badges needs to meet up with him/her at ProgPower to get their badge -- since they wouldn't be on the list themselves, they cannot pick it up on their own. Hence, buying someone's extra badge is a risky proposition, unless you know the person well enough to guarantee that you can meet up with them at ProgPower, and that they're not going to screw you over.

At least, this is how I understand it. If I'm wrong, may the Harvester of Sorrow smite me from above. :ill:

Smite you he may. Badge holders have to buy regular tickets for extra people. There are no "extra" badges, so if you wanted more badges than what you have "rights" to, that request goes to the end of the list I believe.

Magius said:
Smite you he may. Badge holders have to buy regular tickets for extra people. There are no "extra" badges, so if you wanted more badges than what you have "rights" to, that request goes to the end of the list I believe.

well, I won't say anything more until/unless Harv chimes in... I don't know how much of the Gold Badge info is public knowledge outside of people on the list.

Magius said:

Well, at the same time, we technically have "extra" badges. They're in my name. Two of them. If my husband doesn't come, I still have two gold badges. But, no, I couldn't say "THREE! I NEED THREE! GIMME ONE MORE!"

Guys, guys, guys - trust me, my post is correct. If you buy extra Gold Badges, it has to be when you first sign up for them (as long as they are available) and then each and every Badge is put into your name. If you end up needing to sell all or just 1 of your Badges, the rights for ANY Badges sold are transferred to whoever you sold them to. The days of selling GB's for that year only and retaining the rights to those GB's for future years are over.

If you're an existing GB holder and want to buy more, you have to get in the back of the line for any additional GB's just like everyone else.

Dark One said:
Guys, guys, guys - trust me, my post is correct. If you buy extra Gold Badges, it has to be when you first sign up for them (as long as they are available) and then each and every Badge is put into your name. If you end up needing to sell all or just 1 of your Badges, the rights for ANY Badges sold are transferred to whoever you sold them to. The days of selling GB's for that year only and retaining the rights to those GB's for future years are over.

I think you're confused.

To clarify..the rights to any gold badge sold to another are indeed transfered to the new person provided they are the ones that have to pick the badge(s) up. I have no control over those that are sold and given to other people in Atlanta as the original person is still picking up all of the badges (and retaining all of the rights).

As for extra gold badge requests by current gold badge holders, they go to the back of the line just like everyone else.

Glenn

Dark One said:
Nope, except Glenn just expanded and indicated that he has no control over sales once the badges are picked up by the owner.

Dark One said:
The steadfast rule is that Gold Badges sold to someone else get put in the new person's name from that point forward.

Example - Let's say Nightwish58 has 3 badges in his name but had 2 friends bail on him and he needs to sell the 2 extra badges - by doing that he loses the rights to those 2 badges in the future. He would retain the one badge he had left as long as he didn't sell it.

Dark One said:

If you're an existing GB holder and want to buy more, you have to get in the back of the line for any additional GB's just like everyone else.

No, I'm pretty sure you were confused, as you seemed to be under the impression that if you kept a Gold Badge for yourself and sold the two others you were allowed to purchase to a second (and possibly third) party, you would lose those other two Gold Badges in the future. And as Glenn has just stated, that's not the case. If you aren't going to be there to pick them up, then you lose the Gold Badges and they're transferred to someone else's name.

So, in the future: Don't insist you're right when you're wrong.

Curufin said:
No, I'm pretty sure you were confused, as you seemed to be under the impression that if you kept a Gold Badge for yourself and sold the two others you were allowed to purchase to a second (and possibly third) party, you would lose those other two Gold Badges in the future. And as Glenn has just stated, that's not the case. If you aren't going to be there to pick them up, then you lose the Gold Badges and they're transferred to someone else's name.

So, in the future: Don't insist you're right when you're wrong.

After the picture urinalcakemix painted below, I think I have seen the light, LOL.