St. Anger (with Bonus DVD) [EXPLICIT LYRICS] ~ Metallica
Rabbit Don't Come Easy ~ Helloween
The Blessed Hellride ~ Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society
Nevermore ~ Nevermore
The Art of Balance ~ Shadows Fall
We've Come for You All [ENHANCED] ~ Anthrax
Faceless [ENHANCED] [EXPLICIT LYRICS] ~ Godsmack
Tribe ~ Queensryche

I've noticed the general fan quality of Nevermore is pretty fucking lame, I hate that so much.
They're either all fans of DHIADW or they pretend to like one of the old records without ever even hearing it.
Or they just don't know Nevermore had a past previous to DHIADW....not even the album, just the same songs 'Narcosynthesis, I4W, Heart Collector and BiN'

Unbelievable, I never thought that Nevermore would be the metal band to actually breakthrough. If they actually make onto the Billboard charts, I will piss my pants.

hmmmmmm :/ said:
St. Anger (with Bonus DVD) [EXPLICIT LYRICS] ~ Metallica
Rabbit Don't Come Easy ~ Helloween
The Blessed Hellride ~ Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society
Nevermore ~ Nevermore
The Art of Balance ~ Shadows Fall
We've Come for You All [ENHANCED] ~ Anthrax
Faceless [ENHANCED] [EXPLICIT LYRICS] ~ Godsmack
Tribe ~ Queensryche

I've noticed the general fan quality of Nevermore is pretty fucking lame, I hate that so much.
They're either all fans of DHIADW or they pretend to like one of the old records without ever even hearing it.
Or they just don't know Nevermore had a past previous to DHIADW....not even the album, just the same songs 'Narcosynthesis, I4W, Heart Collector and BiN'

Yeah, right? I remember how the Amazon list was back during PoE, people who bought Nevermore CDs also bought: In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Testament, Soilwork, Death. And now it's Godsmack. lol.

FrostGiant said:
That must mean that they've sold out.

i appreciate your sarcasm. the new one is pretty heavy, so i don't care if godsmack fans like it too.

maybe the godsmack fans will say, "Oohh. Is that what it's supposed to sound like?" after listening to EoR

quite possible. im glad to see Nevermore being spread out to wide audience! some day, we'll see them in magazines and actually see their CDs being sold more often in stores that suck lol

I find it so ironic when "metalheads" get wrapped up in what "non-metalheads", or even worse, "NuMetal fans" like and don't like. Who cares? Does that make the music sound different? If Nsynch fans started buying up thousands of copies of "Dreaming Neon Black" does that make it less brilliant?

Personally, I could care less who likes what I like, or what people think of what I like. Nevermore kicks ass, regardless of what Godsmack fans think.

GZ

Not really, I was thinking more along the lines of the top 50. I didn't know Damnation did that well though, I'm glad. Amazing cd.

I think the reason why a lot of people worry about Nevermore becoming popular is because when a band becomes popular, the big corporate record labels force them to change their style to sell even more albums.

General Zod said:
I find it so ironic when "metalheads" get wrapped up in what "non-metalheads", or even worse, "NuMetal fans" like and don't like. Who cares? Does that make the music sound different? If Nsynch fans started buying up thousands of copies of "Dreaming Neon Black" does that make it less brilliant?

Personally, I could care less who likes what I like, or what people think of what I like. Nevermore kicks ass, regardless of what Godsmack fans think.

GZ

Yes, but it's nice to have someone appreciate the brilliance of a band such as Nevermore.
I am somewhat insulted when people don't realize what an incredible band they really are and then complain when Nevermore decides to let that brilliance escape. By this I mean the DHIADW to EOR transition. I already see people saying, "Oh, EOR isn't nearly as good as DHIADW".

Then we see Nevermore refrain from showcasing their true talent in an attempt to please the majority of "fans".

But I'm totally reading too much into this, I think.

The only downside to the general music audience realizing the brilliance behind nevermore....
Is simply, the next time they role through your local town, it won't be a small venue anymore. That's not to say the shows won't be as good, but some level of emotion and intimacy would be lost.

I'm from Toronto Canada, and last time Nevermore played here (I think) it was at this small downstairs club. The stage no more then waste height, and no barrier. I also believe warrel was sick (or was this another time) and actually brought soup on stage.

I also recal him saying to a fan with a lighter during "The Heart Collecter" "Put the lighter away, this an't no Bon Jovi concert" That cracked me up..

Moments like these, and brilliant small venue shows will be lost as more are drawn to the music.

Just my two sense.

There`s only two things I`d be scared of if they became popular: First, not being able to get into a gig because a bunch of 14 year olds begged their dads to buy them tickets. Second, seeing those same 14 year old kids wearing the same t-shirt as me, only they bought theirs at a gig I coiuldn`t get into because they bought all the damn tickets! :mad: Damn kids.

:loco:

If anyone here thinks that this album is going to be heard on mainstream radio and/or break the top 100 of the billboard charts in the US you must be on crack. Not that I care, as Nevermore rules whether they sell records or not...but lets be realistic here.

DavE

I can appreciate what you're saying. I love Nevermore's music, and consequently wish the guys all the success in the world. However, I also realize that success comes at a price, such as no longer getting to see them in intimate settings, and worse yet, the possible watering down of the music. Let's face it, it's hard to be as pissed off as Warrell is when you're driving a Ferrari and dating super models.

GZ

Khayman666 said:
There`s only two things I`d be scared of if they became popular: First, not being able to get into a gig because a bunch of 14 year olds begged their dads to buy them tickets. Second, seeing those same 14 year old kids wearing the same t-shirt as me, only they bought theirs at a gig I coiuldn`t get into because they bought all the damn tickets! :mad: Damn kids.

:loco:

:wave: ive been a Nevermore fan since i was 14. i know what your point was, just make it a little less vague next time. by saying "I don't want casual so-called Nevermore 'fans' to see them on the TV and want to see them because of Warrel's hair length"