Loomis Rocking A 5150 III - Sanctuary Reunion

Warrel seems to have declined in quality as time goes on, every live video I watch these days I cringe at him attemping his former glory vocals.

When I met Jeff Loomis we were talking for a long while. He told me he was thinking about switching amps again because he's a tone chaser. He mentioned the 5150III to me then.. This was like in october too.

This is how it happened: Attila (their touring guitarist) usually used a 5150, but it wasn't working correctly one night on tour and he borrowed or rented a 5150 III for the night. Listening through the PA, Loomis said Attila's tone killed his Engl tone, and he started becoming interested in them then. Later, he contacted someone he knows at Fender, and they were going to send him a 5150 III to try out. The catch is that he would have to leave Engl if he wanted to keep the 5150 III. I'm guessing that has happened now and he liked the 5150 III more than his Engls...

Weird, my 5153 with gain on 3 in the red channel is more distorted than anyone could ever need, but in ch2 with gain maxed and boosted with a TS I barely get into accept territory... Should perhaps swap some of the stock JJ tubes for Chinese ones.
How high do you guys have the gain on ch2?

Weird, my 5153 with gain on 3 in the red channel is more distorted than anyone could ever need, but in ch2 with gain maxed and boosted with a TS I barely get into accept territory... Should perhaps swap some of the stock JJ tubes for Chinese ones.
How high do you guys have the gain on ch2?

I have it set to 9/10 like Eric Petersons settings. Seems to be just right.

I think this is the perfect amp for Loomis' style!

5153 > any ENGL I played&tried so far...havent tried a savage yet though

Awesome to hear, hopefully he will be using one when I'll go see nevermore live at march^^