Of Mice And Men - The Flood

Shayley's vox on the chorus on this new song really remind me of the vocal melodies in the chorus of "The Hounds Of Anubis" by The Word Alive.

In the recording diaries, there is a black mic Shayley and Austin are both tracking into, what is it?

Purified is a wicked song, I have heard the whole record and i must say some of it is just insane. There are some songs in which there is no screaming and Shayley sings the whole time, other are way heavier and have little to no singing! Cant wait to hear it again!

I'm curious as to how you, Joey, got the bass tone on this album. It's really nasty, and metallic sounding. Great for metal!

Damn, it costs a lot of money to be a studio engineer huh. I wonder if that tone is achievable in Pod?

I would like to know that too, so far....I can't come up with one that cuts through and fills up speakers like good ol nigel.

Question for Joey:
Why did Of Mice & Men decide to go to Drop C for this album? I felt as though C# really matched their style of playing and it especially matched with Austin's screams.

Question for Joey:
Why did Of Mice & Men decide to go to Drop C for this album? I felt as though C# really matched their style of playing and it especially matched with Austin's screams.

I'm guessing the decision was more for Shayleys benefit than Austins, if you think about it.

This album sounds fucking phenominal. I think i might like the production on the color morales new album a bit more though!