Lord Of The Rings Special Extended Edition Screening Engagement!

That would be really cool, but how in the hell could anyone sit in a movie theater seat for 10 hours? Even with 15 minute intermissions you'd still be sitting for 10 hours. Me and my friends are going to have our own screening before we go see "Return of the King". We're going to watch the DVD's of the first 2 and then see the new one that evening. At least this way you get to do it in comfort.

scanner313 said:
That would be really cool, but how in the hell could anyone sit in a movie theater seat for 10 hours? Even with 15 minute intermissions you'd still be sitting for 10 hours. Me and my friends are going to have our own screening before we go see "Return of the King". We're going to watch the DVD's of the first 2 and then see the new one that evening. At least this way you get to do it in comfort.

Thatta way. That's what my friends and I are planning.

10 hours? Try something more like 12. Think about it...the extended FotR is about 4 hours long, and Im sure that TTT extended will be about the same. So thats 8 hours right there. The theatrical RotK is probably gonna be 3-3 1/2 hours long like the first two...so thats somewhere between 11 and 12 hours in the theater :p

As for me...it sounds like a cool idea but I can't imagine myself sitting in a theater for that long, so I think I'll pass. Besides, you're gonna need to eat something in that 12 hour period, and your only options are popcorn, and movie nachos and hotdogs. Shit, that could be a contender for the unhealthiest day of your life..."I did nothing but sit on my ass for 12 hours and eat popcorn, nachos, and hotdogs!" :D

I've never been a fan of the LotR series. I can hardly handle sitting through one of the three hour movies, let alone the whole series in one day. Not that I don't like them because they're too long, I just think they're waaay overrated.

I wanna see the extendeds in the theater. FotR wasn't THAT long - only a little over 3 hours extended, and TTT will be about 3.5, and I believe RotK is slated to be a bit over 3 hours as well. If they give us half hour breaks in between, it won't be so bad.

Plus there's all the little fanboys and fangirls to make fun of. *grin*

I'm not even the biggest fan, but i think that'd be a really cool thing to participate in. Sure, it's a lot of time in a theater, but my local theaters are damn comfortable and spacious, so that's not a concern.

As for food, just sneak some snacks in your pockets/jacket/purse (females) and you're all good. If you're a fan then why not dedicate 10-12 hours of 1 day to view all 3 movies in huge screen goodness?

Serge... said:
I've never been a fan of the LotR series. I can hardly handle sitting through one of the three hour movies, let alone the whole series in one day. Not that I don't like them because they're too long, I just think they're waaay overrated.

Do you like the books tho?

:OMG: blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i couldnt sit in the movie for 10-12 hours though.. so i would give that option a miss.

scanner313 said:

The seats at the local Cinemark theaters are just about as comfy as any couch :)

To all of you who are opting to sit and watch the first two installments at home:

How many opportunities like this have you ever heard of happening at movie theaters over the course of your entire life? The only other one I know of was The Star Wars Trilogy in 1997(which I saw each film separately). But I think this will be more interesting to say that you experienced it.

Yngvai X said:
Do you like the books tho?

Actually, I haven't read the books. As all fans of the series tell me, I'd like LotR way more if I read the books, but I doubt I'd have that kind of revelation. I'm just not a fan of the fantasy genre in general.

Serge... said:

I'm a skeptic at heart, but I think you're totally wrong. These movies are not overrated, they are incredible adaptations of the classic novels. The only way I could see you not finding these movies incredible is if you're simply not that big a fan of the fantasy/adventure genre.

Needless to say folks, the tickets to the LOTR Trilogy Tuesday thingy sold out here in NYC in the first 45 minutes(and some places even in the first 5 MINUTES!), so that even I was shut out. Unless I wanna pay like $300.00 on ebay, I'm fucked. MAN I'm pissed. :(

$300? I saw Chicago tix on ebay going for **$700**

Fortunately, the Senator here in MD moved Ticket Day to a Saturday (and you can ONLY buy tickets from the box office - not from Fandango, which helped scalpers cause ten minute sellouts), so I just headed out early, hung out in line with peeps, and scored myself tickets. And then in two months, I get to spend the night in line *again* for seats! hehe.