Lord Tim: Opeth show

Spruce Goose said:
Well done Lord Tim. Great show. Did you rate the Opeth gig? Were the guys cool?
Honestly, I didn't get a chance to meet the guys or watch much of the set! HAHA! Lots of running around last night and talking to promoters, getting food, packing up our shit...

But man, the crowd went off for Opeth! Sometimes we feel good about getting a better reaction that the headliners but last night, there was no question - they slayed us reaction-wise!

Good night all up, but my body is sooo fuckin' sore today! HAHA!

Spruce Goose said:
Fuck that was an awesome gig last night!!!! :headbang:

Opeth were so bloody tight. Mikeal's voice was spot on, both the growls and clean vocals. Fuckin amazing how he can do that. The setlist was great as well. From memory it was:

Masters Aprentice
Drapery Falls
The Moor :headbang:
Windowpane
In my time of Need
To rid the Disease
April Ethereal
Deliverance :headbang: :headbang: this one sounded fuckin A!
Blackwater Park

Demon of the Fall

Killer set played flawlessly! Mikael is a funny bastard as well. Saying that the band is influenced by a number of Aussie acts like masters Apprentice, ACDC, and Jason Donovan's first single :lol:

When introducing Blackwater Park he said that it is a head banging song done in 4/4. He asked if anyone knew what 4/4 meant, so he demonstrated. He got Martin Lopez to play a 4/4 beat on the drums, and then he said 'And if you add bass, it might sound like this' The the bass busted out into the Billie Jean riff for a few bars. haha. Classic.
:) That was pretty funny. They made a fuck up at the start of 'The Moor' which was kinda cool because apart from that it was just like listening to the CDs. They were note perfect once again! Very impressive in that regard.

Spruce Goose said:
Dungeon were awesome as well. First time I have seen them live. They are tight and fuck me 3 ways from Sunday, Lord Tim can sing! He hits the notes fuckin perfectly live. I was so impressed by his voice! Insanitys Fall was awesome with the sing-a-long part. I was doing the 'Whooooooaa Whoooooa' part as loud as I could. The new song sounded killer. The Art of War? The intro reminded me alot of the second song from Ride the Lightning. Similar duel guitar intro with drum beats behind. Sounded rockin :headbang:

Well done Lord Tim. Great show. Did you rate the Opeth gig? Were the guys cool?
Who was it screaming out for "Slave of Love"? Was that you Sprucey? We were up the back and could hear it really clearly. Haha. Dakk's bass sound was AWESOME! And I think you meant the third track from "Ride the Lightning" dude: 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'.

Nup.. Meant the 2nd track from Lightning.

No it wasnt me screamnig Slave for Love, but I was pretty near that guy as well. i wanted him to shut the fuck up :)

There were quite a few requests for TROGDOR though :headbang: I'm a bit disapointed that LT didnt bust out a 'And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHHT!'

I was bored by Opeth actually...great musicians but not much of a show. I think I would recomend them as a listening to the cd band.
Dungeon were fucking awesome. Dakk's new bass sounds so much better and stronger than previous one.

The gig guide in the Herald Sun listed Morningrise as Opeth's new album. :)