Lord Worm is kicked out of Cryptopsy?!

May 16, 2006
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=71066

Guitarist Alex Auburn of the Canadian death metallers CRYPTOPSY has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the band has once again parted ways with singer Lord Worm (a.k.a. Dan Greening). No reason was given for Lord Worm's departure, but according to Auburn, this time the vocalist was "kicked out" of the band and didn't leave of his own accord.

CRYPTOPSY is currently looking to audition candidates to fill the positions of singer/frontman and keyboardist/samplist. Vocalists must be able to sing in clean voice, on pitch, and also be able to scream/growl. If you are motivated and would like to try out, e-mail the band at crymusic@hotmail.com. If you have a criminal record, don't bother auditioning, as this means you can't tour.

CRYPTOPSY's last studio album, "Once Was Not", was released in 2005 via Century Media Records.

I don't know if I can believe it just yet. This has to be a joke, why would they kick him out? A sad day indeed.

dude, they kicked him out once before.

my concern is if they are going to include more clean singing
~gR~

No why would they kick him out???? Him and flo are like the two trademarks of cryptopsy! :mad: I'm also concerned about the clean vocals part as well, they do not belong in death metal!!

Clean vocals? I really liked Lord Worm, better than DiSalvo, too bad he's gone.
On a side note, are any of you going to try out for Cryptopsy? I can growl most deifnitely and scream but clean singing? Fuck!

Or Lord Worm might be a dick.

I'm pretty sure it's this. I saw an interview with the band just after Lord Worm rejoined, and Lord Worm was pretty up-front and blatant about saying (in a promotional article, nonetheless) that he didn't really care about the music, and only came back because the band offered him more money than he was making by working regularly. Maybe they got sick of that attitude.

I'm pretty sure it's this. I saw an interview with the band just after Lord Worm rejoined, and Lord Worm was pretty up-front and blatant about saying (in a promotional article, nonetheless) that he didn't really care about the music, and only came back because the band offered him more money than he was making by working regularly. Maybe they got sick of that attitude.

Yeah, the Terrorizer interview. Not really fussed either way - tbh I've never seen what the fuss is with this band.