losing members in your band sucks bizalls

K Odell

\=/Varnisher\=/
Jan 23, 2006
Greensboro, NC
So my band Zero System needs a guitar player now. Our guitar player and my best friend Andy decided he wanted to finish school. Which is totally respectable and I totally understand but damnit I hate looking for guitar players.

Anyways if theres anyone interested in relocating or from NC haha holla at me. We have a cd hitting stores the 11th and will be touring pretty much until time for the next cd.

But yeah does anyone else notice an abundance of guitar players, but not an abundance of really good guitar players?

Just had to get this out of my system. Sorry for the semi-bandmember spam.

Cheers,
Kyle

There's a general abundance of good (and dependable!) musicians regardless of the instrument. It's just in the nature of guitar that more hacks attempt to play it.

BTW I feel your pain, my band just lost our bassist (no big loss actually) AND our drummer (fuckdamnshitaaaaaarghWHY!?!?) last month, so I guess I can relate.
Good luck dude!

Dude, I feel ya. We're looking for a guitarist again too. We've fired 2 in the last 6 months. Both of them played super sloppy, horrible vibrato (I wouldn't even call what they do "vibrato") and both did the whole play too hard and bend the strings in rythyms. There is an abundance of shitty guitar players around here, and not too many tight ones. I guess that's just the reality everywhere. Harmonies with bent strings and awkward vibratos just don't work.

i always thought guitarists and vocalists were in abundance, and bassists and drummers were the rarity. but yes, if youre looking for the cream of the crop, i guess thats always hard. sucks thats its so hard to find someone for what sounds like an amazing oppty, and for many, a dream come true. best of luck.

But yeah does anyone else notice an abundance of guitar players, but not an abundance of really good guitar players?

oh yes definitely guitar has the most amount of shitty """musicians""" who can't play jackshit. We've been looking forever for a replacemente guitar player for this really cool guitarrist who had to leave the band for job issues, and you have no idea how much 16 year old sons of guitar pro who can play a whole death (the band) song but can't play two notes you show them in real life without making the song sound stupid and lifeless.

I love guitar pro for writing songs, but seriously kids, lay off of it for a while or two. oh and lay off WOW too, you might get things shoved up your ass