Lost Horizon

I still remember the first time I ever heard of Lost Horizon.

Back when I was in high school, me and my friends (former bandmates) used to take our weekly drive to the local Borders store to buy new CDs. Every single Friday or Saturday evening, we'd each get something new and drive around listening to it. In one of these times, I stumbled upon Lost Horizon's second disc, A Flame to the Ground Beneath and showed them. We immediately started laughing at the ridiculous band picture on it, not to mention the stupid "Death to False Metal" sticker on it. We made fun of that band for months without even checking them out.

That was until our bassist at the time, Ricky, bought the disc without telling us, afraid we'd make fun of him forever. When he finally showed us the purchase and the music, we were completely blown away by them. Songwriting was excellent, the hooks and choruses were soooo catchy and the vocalist, a vocal God.

Ahhh, how I wish they were still active, touring, recording albums... What a good fucking band!!

I still remember the first time I ever heard of Lost Horizon.

I stumbled upon Lost Horizon's second disc, A Flame to the Ground Beneath and showed them. We immediately started laughing at the ridiculous band picture on it, not to mention the stupid "Death to False Metal" sticker on it. We made fun of that band for months without even checking them out.

:lol: I remember seeing that album on the shelf for the first time too with the same sticker and thinking they were tied to MANOWAR with the whole "death to false metal" thing and I could not get past the look. I can't recall when I actually gave it a first listen but I am glad I did. I miss this band and HEED. Heiman has a guest spot on the new HARMONY cd.

Not one bad song, all of them amazingly awesome. Great production on both discs. Highlander is my favorite song though, gotta love the second half of that song, Daniel's best chill factor comes into play(nah nah nahnah nahnah nah nah nahnah nah).

i think their first 2 albums are outstanding. its a shame that they lost the vocalist, he was one hell of a singer. great band...im hoping theyll recover from the member loss(es)?

i stopped paying attention after there was no word for like 4 months