LotFP #64 is OUT!

Good issue, man - definitely enjoyed the editorial - though I must point out, lamer that I am, that it's "could not care less."

Interview with Agent Steel dude was great - that guy said exactly what I'd say if asked the same shit and I was him (except the bit about aliens beng hidden underground).

Ah fuck - had to edit this cuz I forgot to say it's annoying that the label pressured AS to keep the name. Can't you get as much promo out of "Former members of AS" or some such byline? Seems to work for all those fucking "super groups" out there - and it would definitely free the band up from the "nostsalgia" factor that prolly hurts more than helps. Ah well, I suck at business, so what do I know.

Can't believe Slough Feg only sells 3,500 records! That fucking blows! I just asked The End to order some of their stuff - that'll get 'em up to 3,510 anyways. I didn't even know Traveller had come out... I suck.

I don't remember what else I was gonna comment on, but I love the new Nevermore - I wish they'd get some air time on Headbanger's Ball since they destroy the Nu shit they typically play. But then, I've only seen a few HB, so mebbe they have.

Oh yeah - the Cage CD... fortunately I didn't read the lyrics and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it (I thought "Astrology" was weak - the singer has gotten much better). Now I'll have to read the lyrics when I get home so I can hate it.

Read the issue over the last couple of days - first of all, GREAT interviews with all the bands. They all had much to say, and I enjoyed reading 'em. I have to agree with what the Virgin Black fella sez about the aussie metal scene, too. Although I think Adelaide's a hole :)

numbskull said:
Can't believe Slough Feg only sells 3,500 records! That fucking blows! I just asked The End to order some of their stuff - that'll get 'em up to 3,510 anyways. I didn't even know Traveller had come out... I suck.
That's good sales these days, believe me, especially when a band is on a smaller label. Ten years ago you could release anything and expect to sell at least 3-4000, but not anymore.

Lee_B said:
That's good sales these days, believe me, especially when a band is on a smaller label. Ten years ago you could release anything and expect to sell at least 3-4000, but not anymore.
Lee,
What kind of sales figures have The Painter's Palette rung up so far? There has been a massive buzz about that album. .....and rightfully so! I would expect it's doing pretty well.

Jim,
Great "Editor's Whine" in the new issue. I need to copy that and hand it out to (non-metal) people when they ask me "What kind of weirdo would actually read a magazine called Lamentations of the Flame Princess". jajaja That way I don't have to defend my actions. :) ....and I did pick up "Still at Arms Length". Not quite "album of the year" yet, but it's growing on me.

Slightly better than Slough Feg, but not much... And that's with Earache's huge distribution / marketing power behind it.

Things aren't good for labels at the moment. Why should people buy CDs when they can download 'em for free? The industry needs a rethink, but until a solution is found expect lower budgets for the bands and less of a push all round. Sad but true.

numbskull said:
Good issue, man - definitely enjoyed the editorial - though I must point out, lamer that I am, that it's "could not care less."

yeah yeah yeah, everybody's a critic.

numbskull said:
Oh yeah - the Cage CD... fortunately I didn't read the lyrics and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it (I thought "Astrology" was weak - the singer has gotten much better). Now I'll have to read the lyrics when I get home so I can hate it.

Well? Do you hate it now? :D

jageorge72 said:
Great "Editor's Whine" in the new issue. I need to copy that and hand it out to (non-metal) people when they ask me "What kind of weirdo would actually read a magazine called Lamentations of the Flame Princess". jajaja That way I don't have to defend my actions. :)

bah! Smite the unbelievers with the power of TRUE METAL! That'll learn 'em.

jageorge72 said:
....and I did pick up "Still at Arms Length". Not quite "album of the year" yet, but it's growing on me.

Must listen more! Band good! Skepticism bad! (well, not THAT Skepticism...)...

My brain hurts. Been listening to this pile of Willowtip-sent CDs this morning. Headache.

But writing again. Yay!