Loudest/best metronome in the market?

AD Chaos

MGTOW
Aug 3, 2009
Hello everyone

I'm looking to get a second portable metronome for practicing along with an amplified guitar (I don´t practice in my home studio so I need something I can carry along with me).
All metronomes I've tried (and I've tried many over the years) have a very thin or very soft sound when trying to play along with a amp -even with clean tone and low volume-. I have a blue MA30 Korg and even though it has a non-irritating sound, it does not have enough volume for my taste, plus it lacks some features like non-accented figures smaller than quarters.
I'd really love to have a portable metronome that I could hear loud and clear over the guitar, but I haven't been able to find it.
Is there a model I can hook up with some speakers or something?

Much obliged

Hello everyone

I'm looking to get a second portable metronome for practicing along with an amplified guitar (I don´t practice in my home studio so I need something I can carry along with me).
All metronomes I've tried (and I've tried many over the years) have a very thin or very soft sound when trying to play along with a amp -even with clean tone and low volume-. I have a blue MA30 Korg and even though it has a non-irritating sound, it does not have enough volume for my taste, plus it lacks some features like non-accented figures smaller than quarters.
I'd really love to have a portable metronome that I could hear loud and clear over the guitar, but I haven't been able to find it.
Is there a model I can hook up with some speakers or something?

Much obliged

most metronomes i have used have a headphone jack. "1/8 to "1/4 adapter should do fine

Without some form pf amplification for your metronome signal, I'm unsure of any portable units that will cut through the sound of a cranked amp. I tend to practice (when mobile) with my small Line 6 MicroSpider amp I bought for mobile practice such as when I go on vacation. It has an input for your guitar as well as a clean channel input for use with a dynamic microphone (one of those all in one units for a singer/songwriter/solo performer) - I just patch my Korg MA30 into the clean channel and go to town.

I have a Fender amp with two imputs I use for teaching, so then what you're both saying is I could safely patch the MA30 into the amp's second input with a 1/8''-1/4'' converter? (I never connect anything in there except of course, guitars)

I have a Fender amp with two imputs I use for teaching, so then what you're both saying is I could safely patch the MA30 into the amp's second input with a 1/8''-1/4'' converter? (I never connect anything in there except of course, guitars)

Yes. You're not going to hurt anything.

You will be fine with that setup - just patch it in, make sure you have a nice clean setting, and turn up the volume. You will have a nice loud metronome that you can practice over, however it down not really solve the portability issue. The Line6 MicroSpider I mentioned has the benefit of being able to run on battery power as many of the micro amps out there do.

Just use some earbuds with it and only wear one(both work fine as well), that's what I used to do, they don't block alot of sound from the amp since they're so small..

-Paul