Loudness

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
Hi guys, how do you hear music in your hi fi stereo? do you have the loudness of your power amp on?
I listen my production in my car and at home with the loudness engaged, becous I think that a lot of people hear it in this way...what do you think about that?? and what do you think about the loudness....many enginer hate it......

I think it depends on your system... some sound ok with the loudness on, most sound shit...
my (girlfriends) home stereo sounds best with the "rock" preset on, which is ofcourse also a sort of loudness
the car I spend most of my time in (I don't have my own, so that would be our guitar players car) sounds like shit with the loudness on. or any eq tweeks that are more than +/- 2 db

My car have a really nice loudness...but my pioneer tend to sound like shit with the loudness engaged..

Some people mix/master with car audio in mind. I read a long time ago an interview with Eddie Van Halen about "Balance". He said: "You have to listen to it in your car". I don't remember which studio in San Francisco it was I visited that had the front half of a car in the control room so you could check the mix in it.