Loudness

Dado-x

Senior Citizen
Sep 17, 2002
Slovenia
Visit site
I don't think that many people like this obscure japanese hair band, but I just purchased two of their albums, Thunder In The East and Lightning Strikes. Well, music is just that: classy hair metal with with the most irritating japanese accent you've ever heard. I love it! :D :D

Obscure or not, Loudness were great "back then" :)

Ever heard of Japanese band E.Z.O.? I liked them more, actually, and still like a couple of their tunes. Their were not a Metal band, but pretty heavy for a Glam band ;)

And speaking of Japanese bands... anyone checked Freewill out, yet? Technical Prog, no singer yet, no record deal yet, but mega-talented!
Click underneath the Kamelotbanner...

Originally posted by Legion Fan
Loudness was not a "hair band".

Really?

akiratakasaki01.jpg

minoru01.jpg

Look, I love the band and their music. I'm a big fan of 80's hair/non-hair metal. But they are (at least those two albums I have) hair metal WITH BALLS! Trust me I know my stuff. Great music, I love it.

Lady Of The Snow: Yes, I've heard of EZO, but unfortunately don't own anything by them. Which albums would you recommend?

Originally posted by Dado-x
Lady Of The Snow: Yes, I've heard of EZO, but unfortunately don't own anything by them. Which albums would you recommend?
Hey, dado!

I won't really recommend a particular album, but here's the album's track lists, and my favorite tracks are in italic.

EZO (1987) produced by Gene Simmons

House of 1,000 Pleasures
Flashback Heart Attack
Mr. Midnignt
Here It Comes
I Walk Alone
Destroyer
Big Changes
Kiss of Fire
Desiree

Fire Fire (1989)

Love Junkie
Night Crawler
Fire Fire
Wild Talk
Burn Down the Night
Black Moon
Back to Zero
Cold-Blooded
She's Ridin' the Rhythm
Streetwalker
Million Miles Away

I liked both albums, though. If you have trouble finding any sound samples, PM me, okay?

I have all their 80s albums on Japanese import. And I have seen them live in my then hometown Eindhoven in The Effenaar club.

They were great! Akira Takasaki was a killer guitar player. I consider their hair, nails and looks completly irrelevant!

It's the music that matters (Tommy Vance)

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
Hey, dado!

I won't really recommend a particular album, but here's the album's track lists, and my favorite tracks are in italic.

EZO (1987) produced by Gene Simmons

House of 1,000 Pleasures
Flashback Heart Attack
Mr. Midnignt
Here It Comes
I Walk Alone
Destroyer
Big Changes
Kiss of Fire
Desiree

Fire Fire (1989)

Love Junkie
Night Crawler
Fire Fire
Wild Talk
Burn Down the Night
Black Moon
Back to Zero
Cold-Blooded
She's Ridin' the Rhythm
Streetwalker
Million Miles Away

I liked both albums, though. If you have trouble finding any sound samples, PM me, okay?

Thanks! I'll check it out. :)

Originally posted by Hawk
I have all their 80s albums on Japanese import. And I have seen them live in my then hometown Eindhoven in The Effenaar club.

They were great! Akira Takasaki was a killer guitar player. I consider their hair, nails and looks completly irrelevant!

It's the music that matters (Tommy Vance)

Yes! And E.Z.O. rocked!!

Let me be the 1st to say that the new LOUDNESS CD Biospehere is a big pile of shit.

Old Loudness kicked ass though.

Another cool Japanese band is ANTHEM.

While we're on the subject of Japanese bands, anyone ever hear the band Seikima II? Excellent excellent band. You should all check them out. Unfortunately they are extremely hard to find (in stores AND online)

Originally posted by Dado-x
Another thing: I've heard alot about this band called X-Japan. What are they like?

Also another great band, though they are no longer together. They broke up a few years ago after one of their band members died. A few good songs id recomend checking out are Silent Jealousy, Scars, Miscast, Drain, Kurenai, Dahlia, Rusty Nail, Stab Me in the Back, I'll Kill You. Those are a few good ones. Another good Japanese band is Malice Mizer, check them out too.

Originally posted by ElvenShadow
Also another great band, though they are no longer together. They broke up a few years ago after one of their band members died. A few good songs id recomend checking out are Silent Jealousy, Scars, Miscast, Drain, Kurenai, Dahlia, Rusty Nail, Stab Me in the Back, I'll Kill You. Those are a few good ones. Another good Japanese band is Malice Mizer, check them out too.

How could you forgot the almighty epic "Art of Life" ?!!

X-Japan's 28-minute prog EPIC

Originally posted by ElvenShadow
While we're on the subject of Japanese bands, anyone ever hear the band Seikima II?

I have! I even saw them live in Kobe, Japan in about 1988 or 1989 (with a great melodic hard rock/metal band called Earthshaker). The singer, Demon Kogure, is a really funny guy. He had broken his leg not long before the concert, and did the show in a wheelchair that he had decorated with all kinds of scary stuff, skulls and monster heads and things like that.

One of the interesting things about Seikima II is that they are a parody band. They parody all those silly "Look! We're evil!" bands (basically any band with an upside-down pentagram on the cover). They wear makeup and wild costumes (one guy even wears big horns on his head), Demon Kogure "pretends" that he's the Devil, they call their concerts black masses, etc., etc., but they always carry it to a goofy extreme that makes it clear that they're a bit less than serious (though it's hard to pick that up without being able to understand Japanese).

The tour pamphlets they sold at the show I went to were hilarious, with little cartoons showing that when you're walking down the street and trip over something, or when the ice cream scoop falls off the ice cream cone, or things like that happen, it's actually Satan who made it happen.

For quite a few years now, Demon has been appearing on Japanese talk shows, variety shows, and all that. I've even seen him giving a lecture on educational TV.

I bought some of their stuff in Japan, but there is one available on amazon.com, and a whole bunch available from Amazon Japan. Another place to get Japanese CDs and that is www.cdjapan.co.jp.

I thought Loudness' early stuff was great, especially Disillusion (1983). Later stuff was pretty good too, but lacked some of the "personality" of early releases. They've been a bit uneven over the past ten years, like they're looking for their identity or something.

An interesting bit of Loudness trivia is that Mike Viscera, who sang on two Yngwie releases (among other things), also did two Loudness albums, Soldier of Fortune and On the Prowl.