Low budget/underdog gear thread.

Lodge

Jun 10, 2008
This thread was inspired by my Randall RH200 head :puke: :lol:
I got it for free a few years back and while it's not going to compare to a Mesa, Peavey, Engl, Marshall, etc... I was still pleasantly surprised that I could get usable tones with this thing, just plugging my guitar straight in and taking some time to dial in some tones.

So, the purpose for this thread is for you guys to post clips/opinions on other gear that's not the "usual suspects" (i.e. 5150, 6505, dual rec and such). I'm working on getting my fp10 repaired and when I'm done I'll post samples too, I just want to show that there are still great tones to be found without having to mortgage the house :lol:

I'm not just talking amps, if you have shitty, unheard of cabs or speakers, third world sweatshop guitars or whatever, bust them shits out so we can hear what something sounds like when it's not ran through a Mesa oversize with v30s, that is if anyone on this board owns anything besides the standards mentioned above :headbang:

I've a rack system at home loaded with a rocktron Piranha preamp (250 € used gear)and a Marshall 9200 poweramp (300€ used gear too).
If I have time this week end time I try to post some clips.

GLS ES57 mic. It's a 57 knockoff for sure, and has a slight bit more high end than an SM57, but nothing that can't be eq'd out. For rack toms, backing vocals, and some speakers/cabs, it works great. They're usually around $25 on eBay and I don't regret owning them in the least.

GLS ES57 mic. It's a 57 knockoff for sure, and has a slight bit more high end than an SM57, but nothing that can't be eq'd out. For rack toms, backing vocals, and some speakers/cabs, it works great. They're usually around $25 on eBay and I don't regret owning them in the least.

+1 I own 4 myself and I use them just like i would with any sm57. This mic is what you call bang for the buck because its cheap and reliable.

My Boss SD-1 does the same good job tightening the low end and pumpin up the mids and is 3 times cheaper than my friends Maxon OD 808.