Low F Tuning on Bass

Here is a concept, how about just tuning the Low F up an octave and tune the rest of the bass normally (along the lines of banjo tuning), so it will be something like FBEAD. That way you keep all the low end up until B and everything lower gets a nice octave up treatment. The higher F could serve as a way that the bassist can exactly double what the guitars are playing without needing to transpose (and in some cases depending on the riff, can lead to physically impossible fingerings).

I like this idea a lot. It solves pretty much every problem one might have with the dropped-F tuning.

I play a 4 string ernie ball sting ray with warwick dark thrones .175 guage strings tuned EAEA i use a sans amp gt2 pedal running into an sans amp rbi rack playing out a mesa boogie big block 750 with 1 - 4*10 and 1 - 16 live and just di the rack and pedal and use amplitude ampeg classic for recording.

I have no issues with audiability loss of tone or attack even at speed the secret is using the distortion to increase the lower frequencies and clean out your mids as that is where your mud will be.

Can I have a picture of your bass rig for my wank bank?

:worship:notworthy:worship: