Low tuned metal massacre...opinions please!

Do you dig this song and mix?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kylesoundman

keep it fuckin brutalz
Dec 22, 2009
Northern MN
www.myspace.com
This song is a digital bath in the respect that the drums are EZdrummer so the drums will never sound perfect or real by anymeans especially the cymbals. The guitars and bass are all model with Line6 POD Farm. Vocals were recorded with an Audix OM7 directly into my Presonus FP10and yes I puposely watered them down with FX on this particular song.

As far as the mix goes my main goal was to get a balanced mix with some clarity and yet retain a dirty heavy sound. Let me know your opinions on my digital suicide as well as the song itself!

Fracture.wav

Fracture.mp3

Soul Divide.mp3 More by request!

Song is really cool... but I hear a TON of clipping. makes it hard to listen to it and take seriously.

Song is really cool... but I hear a TON of clipping. makes it hard to listen to it and take seriously.

Clipping on what exactly? I've played that song back on my JBL monitors a thousand times I know its a hot file...r u refering to the vocals? I have a tube over drive and a few other fx on the vocals...please elaborate, and thanks for the input!

thnx 4 the mp3 ;)
i think the bass is too loud or has strange freq boosted imo...
drums are as you said just EZDrummer so yeah the cymbals...
and i think that maybe the guitarstrings were too sloppy, so maybe getting thicker strings for that tuning would be an idea...but i guess that's a matter of taste.
the rest is cool stuff!

theres a solo that could be a bit louder if wanted

kick needs less clickyness and more punch also screaming sounds like its being recorded from inside a pillow, boost highs a bit...your songwriting is SPOT on!

kick needs less clickyness and more punch also screaming sounds like its being recorded from inside a pillow, boost highs a bit...your songwriting is SPOT on!

Looks like we have the "hard part" with writing music down haha...u know the song lol...everything else should fall into place! Thanks so much for your input everyone! I was thinking about putting up a version of the song for people to give a shot mixing it as well. Who would be interested in giving it a shot?

I liked this song alot and wouldn't mind hearing some more!

I think the song would be better as a whole without the jazzy intro,
as I find the guitar sound quite powerful in it's all djentyness,
so I'd prefer it to kick all the teeth in right from the beginning!

This reminded me abit of 'Benea Reach' which I like alot, good job :headbang:

I liked this song alot and wouldn't mind hearing some more!

I think the song would be better as a whole without the jazzy intro,
as I find the guitar sound quite powerful in it's all djentyness,
so I'd prefer it to kick all the teeth in right from the beginning!

This reminded me abit of 'Benea Reach' which I like alot, good job :headbang:

Thanks alot man! I kinda like the jazzy intro because you never expect what happens next lol....plus it only get more relentless as it goes with a tiny break then back at it..I love it haha

I posted another track for you to check out!

Soul Divide is a little on the quiet side just do what they did b4 smashed tracks...turn it up yo! lol

I chose all the choises :D I really didn't like the vocals, they just didn't seem to fit the song

Ive always hated my vocals on that song...it was one of the really early shilid songs...plus ive been battling my way around to find a decent vocal production setup that works not only for my voice but compliments the song as well...im going to re track that song soon here I will repost it with a new mix and vocal production! Thanks for your input!

Too much bass?! :/

Ouch in my headphones!

Haven't listened on my monitors because it's 3 AM, but it seems to be too bassy. At least in my headphones.

I like the ideas of the song.. and the mix is good and polished but I'm not liking the sounds to much. With this guitar sound and drumsound you've done a awesome job mixing it. Would be cool to hear some real amps and drums on this..

I like the ideas of the song.. and the mix is good and polished but I'm not liking the sounds to much. With this guitar sound and drumsound you've done a awesome job mixing it. Would be cool to hear some real amps and drums on this..

Thanks man! Which song are you refering to? I am also wanting to hear some "real" tones on these songs! I think I could get a really kick ass mix on them. Would you be interested in retracking the guitars on a couple tracks? I am working towards a mix some where between Soilworks - A Predators Portrait and The Haunted's - Versus album...I think that combination of production would be sooooo killer!