LYDIAN SEA songs uncovered

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
Chicago's Lydian Sea ( www.lydiansea.com ) had a song on one of the recent PPUSA samplers. Some news from www.melodicrock.com :

"Retrospect Records enters the field of Progressive Metal by announcing the release of two previously unheard albums by Lydian Sea. Before Lydian Sea's self-titled release in 2001 , they had recorded a ton of tracks that had never made it to disc, until now. What we have here is a wonderful blend of Melodic Prog Metal, AOR and Hard Rock. Featuring very rich keyboards and a stunning performance by Guitarist/Vocalist Ron Gonzalez who plays like John Petrucci and sings like James Labrie, these two releases are an essential addition to any fan of melodic progressive metal with a commercial appeal like Dream Theater, Threshold, Shadow Gallery, Enchant, Fates Warning and Vanden Plas.
WebLink: www.retrospectrecords.com. "

AWESOME!! I know Ron personally and he's a great guy and Lysian Sea is a very underrated Prog band! Can't wait to hear the material!

Man, I really want to thank you guys for the positive feedback about Lydian Sea. I’m not sure if I know any of you or not but this is really been great!!! The buzz we've been getting over these releases has really been unbelievable.

I'm Andrew Fortunski and played bass, keys wrote with Ron and produced a great deal of the material on these two Lydian Sea releases on RETROSPECT RECORDS.

Ron and I worked many days, long nights and even later than that to create some really great music. I am so pumped that you all have the chance to hear what I think was Lydian Sea's finest moments!!!
I still write with Ron but don't play in the band. I'm like a silent member now. These songs really rock. The_Q, if you know Ron like you say, you know he is a perfectionist. So even if these songs are 10 years old, they DON'T sound like it. All songs were remastered and everything sounds AWESOME!!! Ron and I also did the artwork layout work for the CD insert!!! Ron does all vocals and I pushed him and he pushed himself eve further to do things that will blow you guys away when you hear it!!!
There are sound samples at the Retrospect web site so you can judge for yourselves.
Feel free to email me if you guys have ANY more questions I could answer.
Thanks again so much for the support and please keep spreading the word!!!!
You guys are great!!!!!!

Take care and all the best!!!
Andrew