Lyrical help from Swedes please!

Nazgash said:
GOBLIN

A goblin stands 3 to 3-1/2 feet tall and weigh 40 to 45 pounds. Its eyes are usually dull and glazed, varying in color from red to yellow. A goblin?s skin color ranges from yellow through any shade of orange to a deep red; usually all members of a single tribe are about the same color. Goblins wear clothing of dark leather, tending toward drab, soiled-looking colors.

TROLL

Trolls walk upright but hunched forward with sagging shoulders. Their gait is uneven, and when they run, their arms dangle and drag along the ground. For all this seeming awkwardness, trolls are very agile.
A typical adult troll stands 9 feet tall and weighs 500 pounds. Females are slightly larger than males. A troll?s rubbery hide is moss green, mottled green and gray, or putrid gray. The hair is usually greenish black or iron gray.

These descriptions were meanly stolen from Monster Manual, but they provide the best view of these creatures :)
I feel I must point out that what you describe are creatures from some fantasy universe, and have nothing to do with folkloric troll and vättar.

amf, as I assume the descriptions I gave are rather canonical for fantasy and I was intrrested more in fantasy rather than mytholgy. That is because folklore had been changed since the anscestor indeed saw these dark creatures :) If they saw, of course. So, I gave the descritions in order to receive swedish equivalents of these words.

Nazgash said:
amf, as I assume the descriptions I gave are rather canonical for fantasy and I was intrrested more in fantasy rather than mytholgy. That is because folklore had been changed since the anscestor indeed saw these dark creatures :) If they saw, of course. So, I gave the descritions in order to receive swedish equivalents of these words.
Just wanted to avoid confusion, as I have seen 'cultureless' people mixing up snotgreen fatasy creatures with the "real" folkloric ones too many times. :)
(not insinuating you being one of those)

Anyways. Troll is undoubtedly the best translation for troll.
There is no good equivalent for goblin, but vätte is used as a translation for goblin in The Lord of the Rings, and maybe in other fantasy universes as well, so I guess it's a commonly accepted translation.

Mantraschism said:
Thanks for all your help! I'll be posting yet another new Swedish lyric pretty soon, as soon as I get some more verses. It's called 'Skaldens Makt'. And while I'm at it, I hope that skald in Swedish means more than just poet...? Because what I mean when I say it is the old Viking skalder, who I understand to be basically warrior bards, or minstrels, as well as poets. I'd really love it if I'm not mistaken. =P
You are not misstaken. :)