Lyrical meaning

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Well, this thread originally started because I rebought Overkill's Feel The Fire and man, after the flood of memories I became puzzled. What exactly does the line in the title track mean by "friends of J.A.R."? I thought it was a military term because of some move / show that mentioned the term but I can't find anything on the web. Maybe someone can help.

This led me to think about other instances where I've enjoyed songs for years but never fully understood little sayings such as "JAR". Plus, to be honest, I'm hoping JAR doesnt mean some chode thing because it sucks to like songs forever then you find out something about that makes you go... uhhhhh... fudge. Like, I thought the song My Little Princess by Axxis was about a girlfriend thing but its about Bernard Weiss' daughter. So yea now instead of thinking about some hot chick when I hear the song I think about some German dudes 7 year old and then go ahhhhhh and change the song.

Has anyone else had songs that had lines they just didnt know til awhile down the road? Or has anyone misinterpreted a song and then when you find out the real meaning it kind of ruins it for you?

I was crushed after Halford came out of the closet as it made me think of many, many Priest songs that I used to think of in a purely hetro-way :mad:

Took me a while to get over it and listen to the classics again without wanting to hurl :)

hahhaha yeah dude! Desert Plains and Locked In especially. Well, I still love Desert Plains. But again, like the Axxis song I was all hung up on some chick in the seventh grade and Locked In was my frustration reliever song or something. Then whoopsie! its about a dude.

Edguy's King of Fools has always been a debate between a friend and myself. I interpret the song as an age old, anti-conformity song. He gets a totally different meaning out of it. With that said, I think songs are written a lot of times in vague senses simply to allow for the listener's own interpretation.

~Brian~

More Judas Priest classics to wonder about:

Ram It Down
Point of Entry