\m/ from Estonia

fengarm

New Metal Member
Feb 19, 2014
Let me introduce myself...

I'm Rainer from Estonia, also known as Fengarm. The latter name is an alias I created for myself and comes from Scandinavian mythology. It is put together of the names of two monsters: Fenrir and Garmr. Fenrir was a giant wolf, son of god Loki, chained by other gods till the end of the world Ragnarök, where Fenrir kills the main god Odin and is killed by Odin's son Vidar. The other one, Garmr, is a big hound from Hel, most feared of all creatures.

I'm 18 years old and have been a metalhead for about 6 years. Before that, I almost never listened to music. At first I found Metallica and started digging metal. I didn't listen to Metallica very much as I was more into black and folk metal. So my music list consisted of bands like Cradle Of Filth, Metsatöll, In Extremo, Rammstein, Finntroll... Then at about 14 I rejected all those and found new bands to listen to. From then on death metal was the main thing. Amon Amarth, everything from brutal death metal like Cannibal Corpse, then Metsatöll was the only thing to stay. And at 16 I made a breakthrough by rediscovering THHRRAAAAASSHHHHH. But it doesn't mean I'm a purist, I listen to whatever I like and my quality standards are very very very high. Everything I listen to has to be very original (this eliminates teutonic thrash and most new black metal bands for me) and well made. Now my most loved bands from the best one are: Megadeth, Metallica, Artillery, Flotsam and Jetsam, Overkill, Septic Flesh, Bolt Thrower, Amon Amarth, Mayhem, Turisas, Metsatöll, Tharaphita, J.M.K.E, Testament, Annihilator and that's about it. There are others in my playlist too, but they don't play such a significant role. I also like some bits of classical music and movie soundtracks. I haven't heard a disco, trance, dnb, dubstep or whatever this kind of song that I liked, I just can't stand genres similar to those. I'm not into core bands too. I don't hate them, but for me, metal is an apple - you eat it, but throw away the core.

I love making and looking at traditional art. Favorite artists are Armin Mersmann and Sdzislaw Beksinski. The first one is a pencil artist and the other one a painter, I strongly recommend to check them out, you won't be disappointed. When I make art, i prefer drawing with graphite or painting with acrylics. I've also made quite a lot fan art for Megadeth and metal in general.

I have some other hobbies too, like numismatics and metal detecting, but they are maybe too alien for a regular person to understand or be interested in, so I won't discuss them here. If anyone is interested, then send me a PM maybe.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer to them.

Stay metal!!!!