Mac Mini server with Core i7

t-rave

Dec 11, 2002
Michigan
www.ratchetjaw.com
Anybody else see the specs on this little beast?

Core i7, 2x500 gig 7200 hard drives ( which you can swap out for ssd's) and under a grand...

Guys on gearslutz are raving about it..supposedly if you never run the included server software it works just like any mac running lion...guys on GS are stress testing it with 50-70 tracks loaded with plugins and vi's...seems like the ultimate grab and go recording box!

It also geekbench's higher than all but the top of the line current i7 imac...

I may pull the trigger and add a kvm switch to run this and my pc....

http://www.apple.com/macmini/server/

and now Logic pro is only $199 form the app store...the ultimate portable mac rig ( other than a macbook)

Saw this a few months back and have been very intrigued. The only thing that kinda kills it for me, is the cheaper version with the i5 has dedicated graphics, and the server version doesn't. I guess not a huge deal for recording, but still :(

Saw this a few months back and have been very intrigued. The only thing that kinda kills it for me, is the cheaper version with the i5 has dedicated graphics, and the server version doesn't. I guess not a huge deal for recording, but still

for audio I doubt it would make much difference...

I could retire my awesome but aging pc for web surfing, office, games, media, etc.

for audio I doubt it would make much difference...

I could retire my awesome but aging pc for web surfing, office, games, media, etc.

It probably wouldn't be such a big deal for audio stuff, sure, but most people on that kind of a budget, aren't going to be using their computer for just recording.